solo piano - ALT mixes and stems?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brucescism

solo piano - ALT mixes and stems?

Post by brucescism » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:03 am

A listing that came out today (Tuesday, March 14, 2023) for piano only instrumentals also asks for short cuts which I understand. However, it also says to have ALT mixes and stems available for the library if they select your song. This confuses me and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. If it is ONLY piano, no other instrumentation, how would there be stems and alt mixes? Are they suggesting that we should have other versions ready that include other instrumentation and from those production be able to pull stems?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and comments.

Bruce

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: solo piano - ALT mixes and stems?

Post by AlanHall » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:38 am

have no idea what the listing is (text not provided) but there is always the possibility of a errant cut-paste job. Email Taxi and ask?

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:02 am

Maybe they want a wet Vs. dry mix, or mono vs. stereo wide mixes? I'm just fantasizing. I don't actually know.

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Post by superblonde » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:59 am

The baffling text:

---
Send them top-notch, original Instrumentals that feature piano as their ONLY instrumentation. ...

IMPORTANT NOTE: This client will need alternative mixes, shortened versions (60, 30, and 15 seconds), and STEMs, but not yet! ALL YOU NEED TO SEND RIGHT NOW ARE FULL VERSIONS. Please have the alternative versions on-hand and ready to send at a moment's notice if the client contacts you. If the company DOES contact you, they will ask that your alternative mixes, shortened versions, and STEMs are delivered to them as 24 bit, 48 000 Hz, 2-channel stereo WAV files. But again, for your initial submission to TAXI, all you need to submit are full-versions, like every other submission.
---

Asking for stems for a solo piano track is odd.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:22 am

Alt mixes and STEMS are most likelya typo, as been said, a copy/paste error from another listing this client ran. I'd assume you just need to be concerned about the shortened versions (60, 30, and 15 seconds) ones. And running off a raw/No FX mix of the piano would be easy just in case.

But calling or emailing Taxi about it is easy enough.