Help interpreting feedback

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jennygoodspeed

Help interpreting feedback

Post by jennygoodspeed » Tue May 09, 2023 5:11 pm

Hi,

I'm a new Taxi member and I was confused about a recent submission for non-pizz dramedy. The brief said "We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them." I interpreted that as "do not write a B section", so I didn't. My non-forward feedback was "It sounds repetitive and could use a B section to change things up a bit more." I used the website contact form to inquire about it last week, but haven't heard back, so I thought I would post here to see what you all thought. It feels to me like the reviewer didn't read the brief? Or am I misinterpreting? Thanks!

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Help interpreting feedback

Post by superblonde » Thu May 11, 2023 3:00 pm

the brief's wording is confusing. when it says "(no) complementary A and B sections" it should probably say "(no) contrasting A and B sections".
the screener's feedback is likewise confusing. if there is no contrast in the next section then it would typically be called A' not B. So the screener saying "could use a B section" seems misleading to me and could have been better phrased, such as "more development in the A' section is needed, change it up more".
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu May 11, 2023 5:05 pm

jennygoodspeed wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:11 pm
Hi,

I'm a new Taxi member and I was confused about a recent submission for non-pizz dramedy. The brief said "We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them." I interpreted that as "do not write a B section", so I didn't. My non-forward feedback was "It sounds repetitive and could use a B section to change things up a bit more." I used the website contact form to inquire about it last week, but haven't heard back, so I thought I would post here to see what you all thought. It feels to me like the reviewer didn't read the brief? Or am I misinterpreting? Thanks!
I read that too as "do not write a B section" (without seeing the whole listing). You could drop an email asking for clarification to headscreener AT taxi dot com.

Best,
Casey

jennygoodspeed

Post by jennygoodspeed » Sat May 13, 2023 8:26 am

Thank you both. The head screener agreed the feedback was less than helpful and he credited me $5 and also was nice enough to listen to the track and gave very helpful feedback on it.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat May 13, 2023 10:11 am

jennygoodspeed wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 8:26 am
Thank you both. The head screener agreed the feedback was less than helpful and he credited me $5 and also was nice enough to listen to the track and gave very helpful feedback on it.
That's great! My experience with Taxi staff has been excellent like that. Glad it worked out for you regarding the feedback. :D