My membership will end in a week. Bye Bye Taxi.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

My membership will end in a week. Bye Bye Taxi.

Post by Rolf » Wed May 24, 2023 7:32 am

Hello, you good folks here.

Out of 182 submissions, I heard back from a library only once but got some nice placements.
The ratio between forwards and library reactions makes no sense to me. And 182 x 5$ = 910$, that's quite expensive for one valid contact.
I'm not angry or frustrated, it's just because I've found some libraries on my own and with collaborations like https://triomusic.info
Now I have some good possibilities to pitch my stuff and get reactions from the library owners in most cases.

Through the years I've learned a lot being a Taxi member and I won't miss that time.
But now it's time for another chapter.

Keep pitching. :-)

Rolf

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My membership will end in a week. Bye Bye Taxi.

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed May 24, 2023 2:59 pm

Rolf wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:32 am

Through the years I've learned a lot being a Taxi member and I won't miss that time.
But now it's time for another chapter.
Hey Rolf, good on you. Achieving the goal of signing tracks to a library and getting a TV placement is something that not everyone accomplishes.

One library does seem a little on the low side although you don't say how many forwards but I think you had quite a good rate of forwards ? And it's great that you got placements from it.

Good luck in your future expolts

Mark

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Fri May 26, 2023 9:57 pm

Taxi's meant to be an arrow in your quiver; libraries these days are drinking from a firehose; it's a goldrush, to mix a metaphor. If you've learned enough to get placements on your own, congratulations on your new wings; it's been a cheaper and more effective education than you might have found elsewhere. Just don't be a stranger. There's some folks in line behind you that could use a hand.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat May 27, 2023 2:52 am

+1 Mojo
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat May 27, 2023 5:33 am

Hey Rolf
I wish you the best but what is the point of your post here? It comes off negative and antagonistic regarding Taxi, even though you said you are not angry or frustrated. And you acknowledge you learned a lot through Taxi. I skimmed through your posts over the past few years and if I understand correctly, you started off a few years back, knowing nothing about DAWs, music production for Film/TV, etc. It sounds like you learned a heck of a lot of what you know now due to Taxi and your success outside of Taxi is largely due to your being a member. So, while I get your disappointment over only 1 deal, your $910 was well spent on an amazing education.

Nothing wrong with not renewing and moving on. There is a time for that for many and I'm not encouraging you to renew. But a "Bye Bye Taxi" post like this serves no purpose other than to plop negativity about the company you learned so much from on a public forum for the world to read.

You could have not renewed and left it at that. You also could stay on this forum to help others with feedback and advice based on all you've learned, paying it forward. (Forum membership is separate from Taxi membership).

Good luck in the future,
Casey

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Wed May 31, 2023 9:45 am

mojobone wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:57 pm
Taxi's meant to be an arrow in your quiver; libraries these days are drinking from a firehose; it's a goldrush, to mix a metaphor. If you've learned enough to get placements on your own, congratulations on your new wings; it's been a cheaper and more effective education than you might have found elsewhere. Just don't be a stranger. There's some folks in line behind you that could use a hand.
That!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image