I got one track forwarded to two companies but...

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LalyaPars

I got one track forwarded to two companies but...

Post by LalyaPars » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:12 am

Ok so I got myself into a pickle, I've accidentally forwarded one track to two company's... The dilemma is that one is exclusive and the other is non-exclusive. What do I do now? What if the exclusive one wants to use it now and also the non-exclusive one also... Has anyone done this before? And what was the solution? Help!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: I got one track forwarded to two companies but...

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:00 am

LalyaPars wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:12 am
Ok so I got myself into a pickle, I've accidentally forwarded one track to two company's... The dilemma is that one is exclusive and the other is non-exclusive. What do I do now? What if the exclusive one wants to use it now and also the non-exclusive one also... Has anyone done this before? And what was the solution? Help!
Do you mean you have had the same track Forwarded for two different Listings - one exclusive, one non-exclusive ?

The chances are you may not hear back from either company - So if you do and hear back from one then it's usually first come first serve if the deal is acceptable to you.

In the unlikely scenario you hear back from both then you will need to gently let one of them down and say the track has been signed elswhere but that you can offer to make more similar tracks.

Mark

LalyaPars

Re: I got one track forwarded to two companies but...

Post by LalyaPars » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:35 pm

Thank you, I was worrying a lot about it incase they both get back to me similar times.