Question For Artists/Publishers

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Question For Artists/Publishers

Post by Merryband1 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:33 pm

Hi, TAXI Family!

I know most of us are actively pursuing sync licensing, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to release music independently on our own labels. My question is this:

Does anyone remember the name of that website/service that tracks streaming for independent publishers and artists? I think one of the words in the name starts with M, but I'm having one of those days, and I just can't remember. :roll: I thought I'd bookmarked the site, but I just scrolled through everything in my Music folder and if it's there, it's blending into the woodwork.
I know it's not Songfind or Tunefind or anything like that. I think it has two or three words in its name...

It's for registering works that artists & independent publishers release and need to track. :?:

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Merry/Marion/Merryband

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Question For Artists/Publishers

Post by hummingbird » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:52 pm

Tunesat ?

probably not...
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:32 pm

There are several websites and services that track streaming for independent publishers and artists. Some popular ones include:

SoundScan: SoundScan is a tracking system used by the music industry to monitor sales and streaming data. It provides comprehensive data on music sales and streaming numbers, including those from independent artists.

Bandcamp: Bandcamp is a popular platform for independent artists to sell and distribute their music. It provides artists with detailed statistics and analytics on their music sales, downloads, and streaming activity.

CD Baby: CD Baby is a distribution platform that caters to independent musicians. It offers reporting and analytics tools that track streaming and sales data across various platforms and streaming services.

DistroKid: DistroKid is a music distribution service that allows independent artists to upload and distribute their music to various streaming platforms. It provides artists with real-time streaming and sales data through its reporting and analytics features.

TuneCore: TuneCore is another popular digital distribution service for independent artists. It offers detailed reporting and analytics tools that track streaming and sales data across multiple platforms.

These are just a few examples, and there are other platforms and services available as well. It's recommended to research and explore these options to find the one that best fits your needs as an independent publisher or artist.

Mark

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:32 pm

When you said it starts with "M", were you thinking of The Mechanical Licensing Collective (MLC)?

:D Casey

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:54 pm

MLC! That's it! Thanks, Casey!

Thanks, Mark & Hummingbird! I had thought of those other ones, but it was the MLC I was trying to remember!

I appreciate you guys!

Merry :)