Embarrassed ...I even have to ask, I know better!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Embarrassed ...I even have to ask, I know better!

Post by Gillihan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:57 pm

Anyone know how you can change the file on a submission when it hasn't been critiqued yet? It was 1am dead line was at 2am (my time zone gives me 2 more hours ) I was working on the tunes all day and when I mixed and mastered them the last one I did had the vocals way too loud. Pretty unprofessional move on my part (how embarrassing) It's a bummer when ya know ya wasted $5 bucks cause of being a dip shit. I know they are gonna say something like.. " I enjoyed listening to your work, however.....the reason I returned this is the VOCAL IS TOO DAMN LOUD!!" lol I know way better than this and usually mix and master over a period of 2-3 days to get it right . Play it on every device I have etc. :x :oops: :oops: :cry:

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Embarrassed ...I even have to ask, I know better!

Post by irthlingz » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:30 pm

Go to your Taxi account and go to "pending submissions" -- if it still gives you the ability to edit your submission, upload the new version there. Not clear if this always works, but that's what I've heard suggested.

===
Michael

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:36 pm

Thanks My friend, but yeah.. It is already blank in the "actions" section. I have seen it say "edit " before also but it don't this time. well, hopefully I get a better critique than just "the vocal is to loud " outta it for the $5.. lol It would be nice if they tell me where it stands other than that obvious vocal thing.

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:56 pm

Gillihan wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:47 pm
Michael,
By the way.. "I like screwed up people" too!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the best people ...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm

Gillihan wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:57 pm
Anyone know how you can change the file on a submission when it hasn't been critiqued yet? It was 1am dead line was at 2am (my time zone gives me 2 more hours ) I was working on the tunes all day and when I mixed and mastered them the last one I did had the vocals way too loud. Pretty unprofessional move on my part (how embarrassing) It's a bummer when ya know ya wasted $5 bucks cause of being a dip shit. I know they are gonna say something like.. " I enjoyed listening to your work, however.....the reason I returned this is the VOCAL IS TOO DAMN LOUD!!" lol I know way better than this and usually mix and master over a period of 2-3 days to get it right . Play it on every device I have etc. :x :oops: :oops: :cry:
Yea, if the Edit action link is gone, it can't be changed. But, while I don't know how loud the vocal was, you may find that it's a non-issue. Often, the nits we hear on our own work aren't noticed by others. I'm assume we're not talking about a vocal blasting through the roof. If you want, post a link to it here. Maybe we can calm your fears (or confirm them).

Best,
:D Casey

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:17 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm
Gillihan wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:57 pm
Yea, if the Edit action link is gone, it can't be changed. But, while I don't know how loud the vocal was, you may find that it's a non-issue. Often, the nits we hear on our own work aren't noticed by others. I'm assume we're not talking about a vocal blasting through the roof. If you want, post a link to it here. Maybe we can calm your fears (or confirm them).

Best,
well, I already fixed it on my page. I am grateful for you reaching out on the issue and offering peace of mind. THANK YOU!! I dont have that mix no more. Might have been better off leaving it in case it gets forwarded and they like it that way. lol

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:22 pm

you are prolly right. It is most likely source music. It was the listing for a country song about "a girl walks into a bar" most likely it would be on a juke box etc.
either way here is the tune.
https://www.taxi.com/members/I9RTiNcOS6 ... -up-lines-

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:32 pm

I looked up the listing and the reference track and, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your song is too far from the reference to get the forward here. It's a high bar listing and when there is a "temped in" track, you really have get a lot closer to the style and feel. The reference track is much more modern country with rockin' electric guitars. Temped in tracks are a gift in a way. You know exactly what they are looking for and can attack it or decide to pass. Picture being the music supervisor who has the film all ready using that tempted song and needs to slide in something that will have the effect for the scene.

It's easy to focus on one aspect of a listing and not pay close attention to all the other details. I've done it myself! :roll:

This doesn't mean your song can't fit somewhere else. Just not for this listing, vocal level hot or not.

Don't shoot the messenger! :shock:

Best,

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:23 pm

No I agree actually. I was gonna add a driven guitar and some other pieces but felt it was to much rock . All good. I appreciate your advice and insight. Thank you :D