Hey I'm brand new

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Hey I'm brand new

Post by Casey H » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:54 am

cgibson wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:38 am
Thanks so much for that information Casey! To be perfectly honest these are things I have to figure out. I would love to pitch to country artists, but I'd kind of like to be the artist, this is something I have to figure out. I would also love to pitch to tv/film. These are huge ideas that I realize will take time and a ton of practice! What are the popular genres for tv/film?
Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Rock, Rap, Hip-Hop, etc. Just read through the Taxi listings. It will be pretty obvious what Film/TV libraries and supervisors are looking for. They generally are looking for music similar to what's on the charts today though they do look for some other things as well. Every listing has reference tracks. That tells you what the targets are.

:D Casey

cgibson

Post by cgibson » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:51 pm

Yes, I do look at the listings pretty much daily if I can. I'm amazed how many listings there are sometimes!

cstricker

Post by cstricker » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:31 pm

Casey H wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:59 pm
Hi Coral
I would say this song is in the folk genre. You already know it's not broadcast quality for listings at this point. One thing to consider though is that there isn't a lot of call for this style nowadays.
I agree that a religious theme can limit an application, but the style Coral is performing is being heard a lot in Netflix shows like Heartstopper, The summer I became pretty, and others in that genre. Used in scene transitions. Whether they will move on here, I don't know. I am a newbie too :)

- Christopher
https://www.taxi.com/members/V4RAKcxORB ... r-stricker

cgibson

Post by cgibson » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:57 am

Cool, thanks Christopher! Do you ask yourself if your in over head here lmao cause I do! Are you able to attend the rally?

cgibson

Post by cgibson » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:59 am

Okay guys, I posted my second recorded song. I love this one, and would love some feedback! Here it is: Difficult Times

https://www.taxi.com/members/coralgibson

cstricker

Post by cstricker » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:41 pm

cgibson wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:57 am
Cool, thanks Christopher! Do you ask yourself if your in over head here lmao cause I do! Are you able to attend the rally?
Yes :) my voice is not what it use to be, but I subscribe to puremix.com so I can get production feedback and instruction there. I am using ToonTracks Superior Drummer 3 and EZbass to assist with songwriting and Fiverr.com for pro musicians but now out of money.

No, not attending, but would if I had the budget. Need to move some songs :)

Btw listen to the series soundtrack for “the summer I turned pretty” season one you would song great with some of the styles represented like some Taylor Swift type arrangements.

- Christopher

cgibson

Post by cgibson » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:47 pm

Okay I will take a listen! Yes, the rally is a costly little adventure.