Country Music Return (advice)

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Country Music Return (advice)

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:39 pm

I really liked the trucker song. It may still have potential for a different listing. I am new to TAXI too, and learning the ropes. I may aim for some easier listings for a while. You have a lot of talent, I think if you hear the feedback and try to go the direction they point you, you have good potential. Good luck.
Ken

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:54 pm

I really liked I’ll Be Home Soon. It may still have potential for a different listing. I am new to TAXI too, and learning the ropes. I may aim for some easier listings for a while. You have a lot of talent, I think if you hear the feedback and try to go the direction they point you, you have good potential. Good luck.

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:55 pm

JeremyDoss wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:10 am
I joined Taxi for this very listing and both of my submissions were returned last night. I have submitted these 2 exact songs for 4 or 5 more listings. Now I think they will probably be returned for all of them after reading the critiques (especially if it is the same screener for the other country music listings).

"I'll Be Home Soon" (was returned because they said the lyrics were not relatable to enough people and that the chorus said the same thing as the verses...need to talk more about emotion of being a trucker in the chorus). I mean there are only 3.5 million truck drivers in the US (that does not include every person retired from trucking or who was a truck driver at one time or who had parents or family that were truck drivers, etc).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axv7Xeo6D4A

"The Simple Things" (was returned because of too many lyrics and they felt packed in...no time to breath....verses did not seem natural to sing).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixzuIzdZD7s

Any thoughts or advice. Am I just wasting my time and money submitting these songs to listings? The screener gave many compliments (I posted the reasons for the returns above). After writing these songs, I sent them to have the lyrics etc critiqued to multiple places. I then reworked the songs. Then I paid to have them professionally recorded (not sure I am going to spend the money to record them again). Thanks in advance.

Here is the listing information:
COUNTRY SONGS with REFLECTIVE Lyric Themes and Male Vocals are needed by a super well-connected A&R Executive for a HUGE chart-topping, Grammy Award-winning SUPER GROUP that’s working on their next album!

The A&R Executive is searching for Songs in All Tempos that could be found on the same playlist as the following references:

“How They Remember You" by Rascal Flatts

“Letter To Me” by Brad Paisley

“Time" by Dean Brody

NOTE: The bar is high for this request, so pull out your best and pay special attention to your Songcraft! Getting Songs cut by this act could be absolutely career-changing!

Please submit radio-worthy Country Songs that have solid productions and great lyrics with substance. Your submissions should have fresh, compelling Country melodies and super strong choruses that are ready for the charts! Please be sure your vocal performances are good enough to get this A&R Executive and Artist excited about cutting your Songs.

Lyric Tip: We’ve been told that they're looking for "reflective" material, with lyric themes along the lines of (but not limited to) "This is my life" or "Taking a look back at our lives."

The quality of your Songs should be competitive with material being pitched on Music Row – in other words, submissions have to be really, really strong!

Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Please include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, August 3rd, 2020. TAXI # S200803CS

TAXI # S200803CS
I have only had 6 country songs forwarded since I been with Taxi . I am on my 3rd year. I have never quite understood why the ones that have been forwarded have vs. the ones that haven't . the ones that have were no different than the ones that did for the same listing same feel etc. Most of the advice is great, but I don't think it is always completely right. Music is also very subjectable and the screeners are only human. I have sold a lot of the ones that were returned on my own to other libraries. Just keep writing my friend . this song was very good!
Last edited by Gillihan on Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:05 pm

Gillihan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:55 pm

I have only had 6 country songs forwarded since I been with Taxi . I am on my 3rd year. I have never quite understood why the ones that have been forwarded have vs. the ones that haven't . the ones that have were no different than the ones that did for the same listing same feel etc. Most of the advice is great, but I don't think it is always completely right. Music is also very subjectable and the screeners are only human. I have sold a lot of the ones that were returned on my own to other libraries. Just keep writing my friend . this song was very good!
WOW - you really took a trip back in time - this thread started over 3 years ago.
:? :shock: 8-) :P
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 pm

funsongs wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:05 pm
Gillihan wrote:

WOW - you really took a trip back in time - this thread started over 3 years ago.
Wow.. I thought it was newer.. lol it just showed up in my feed there.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:13 am

Gillihan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 pm
funsongs wrote:
Gillihan wrote:

No worries... back then it was probably more like REAL Country us old Cowboys relate to... :? :lol: :lol:
Giddy-Yupp, Podnah, YEEHAA!!
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:46 am

funsongs wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:13 am
Gillihan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 pm
funsongs wrote:

No worries... back then it was probably more like REAL Country us old Cowboys relate to... :? :lol: :lol:
Giddy-Yupp, Podnah, YEEHAA!!
yeah, it's not just country music. I worked as a rocker for many years touring as an axe man for hire. You could see people react to music, they loved the good stuff. I am sure people still do when they hear it. I read an article about Rock downloads saying they have been growing due to "back catalogue" because kids are discovering bands like Led Zep, queen,pink floyd ,the Beatles and Van Halen etc. It is a no brainer !! LOL when given the choice between new stuff and that kids aren't dumb ! Seems it is all force feed with algorithms manipulated by the man!!! hahahah Music just kinda stinks these days. I rarely hear stuff with integrity anymore(unless its and independent artist). The whole world is nuts, everything cool is not and uncool is cool! SORRY I RANTED!! LOl I am just tired out from it today ~ You can truly see who is in charge of this wicked world Brother! But GOOD IS GOOD NO MATTER WHAT BS LINE THEY TRY TO SELL THE WORLD!