What do you think?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

emilyfra
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

What do you think?

Post by emilyfra » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:36 am

Looking at 'HEARTFELT ACOUSTIC-Based SINGER/SONGWRITER ARTISTS and BANDS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an eclectic Independent Record Label that’s eagerly looking for fresh, new talent to sign.' Any opinions on this track for the listing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrjcu8xP8ig
https://open.spotify.com/artist/5uJvwFiwZ5koCXLiSMpmxW

the time has come, the walrus said ........

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: What do you think?

Post by Casey H » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:01 pm

emilyfra wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:36 am
Looking at 'HEARTFELT ACOUSTIC-Based SINGER/SONGWRITER ARTISTS and BANDS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an eclectic Independent Record Label that’s eagerly looking for fresh, new talent to sign.' Any opinions on this track for the listing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrjcu8xP8ig
Hi
Can you paste in here the text of the listing? (Not a link, copy/paste the text). Even beautiful songs may or may not fit a particular listing. :D

Casey
Last edited by Casey H on Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

emilyfra
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by emilyfra » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:22 am

Here it nis:

HEARTFELT ACOUSTIC-Based SINGER/SONGWRITER ARTISTS and BANDS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an eclectic Independent Record Label that’s eagerly looking for fresh, new talent to sign.

This Label is on the lookout for Songs that could appeal to fans of the of the following references:

"Cherry Blossom" by Jess Nolan

"Seaside Eyes" by Bertie Newman

"She Will Be Loved" by Dani Faye

Please submit modern Singer/Songwriter Songs with acoustic instrumentation that could be heard on a playlist with the reference tracks! Your submissions should have sweet and compelling melodies, solid musicianship, and earnest, well-crafted lyrics. Instrumentation that's in the general ballpark of the reference tracks will work best (acoustic guitar, acoustic piano, light drums/percussion, etc.). Your arrangements can range from stripped down, single-instrument performances to more filled-out productions, as long as they sound polished, and any virtual instruments or samples you might use are high quality and not dated-sounding. Heartfelt vocals are key for this pitch!

We recommend that you submit TWO or THREE SONGS per submission so they can see if you’ve got depth in your material. It’s not necessary in order to land a deal with them, just a suggestion! You’d be wise to highlight any licensing experience, fanbase, or impressive sales/streaming figures you may have in your bio. All those things can help make you more appealing to the company! If you’re a new artist or band and don’t have much of a story or track record yet, but you DO have an amazing sound and the Songs to back it up, they are still willing to give you a listen!

Your recording quality needs to be clean, clear, and well-balanced to represent your Songs well. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tone, texture, and overall vibe.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:04 am

Hi Emily or do you go by Francesca?
Your song and your voice are beautiful! :D 8-) :mrgreen: Your voice reminds me a bit of Judy Collins.

I think it's a great submission for this listing! My guess is you have lots more beautiful songs like that one.

Best of luck!
:) Casey

emilyfra
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by emilyfra » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:25 am

That's really kind of you. I use both names but most of my music is as Francesca. Being half Scottish and half Italian I keep both sides equally! ;)

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:27 am

Hey Emily, nice tune with a pretty hooky chorus. I'm hearing some off-pitch notes here and there however, especially on "for you" in the chorus. And the vocal doesn't seem as confident as it could. I'd recommend re-recording the vocal, bringing more passion and energy as the song progresses, and paying attention to the intonation, fixing with Melodyne if needed. Also, you may get more responses in the Peer to Peer channel when looking for feedback. Hope this helps, and good luck!!