Afrobeat Listing S231028FA

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Afrobeat Listing S231028FA

Post by pveniot » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:59 am

Hi all, Haven't posted a song in a long time...
Busy with gigs and Librairies breifs.
Would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions
I played wit west-africans for many years so the rhythms
are greatly a steal !
I really listened to all the references.
I found it hard to produce an instrumental with that kind of vibe.

Lots of AFROBEAT INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Major European Media Company for a variety of Non-Exclusive opportunities!

This Company is on the hunt for a whole bunch of Instrumentals that could be found on the same playlist with the following references:

WARNING: Some of the following references have graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmAR50HhQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCep7O2YcOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEn8LHWFomg

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit top-tier Afrobeat Instrumentals bursting with great energy and dance floor-ready grooves! Your submissions should have catchy motifs, engaging, Afrobeat-style rhythms, and arrangements with dynamics, forward motion, and interest. Modern Afrobeats instrumentation that has a distinct African flavor and is in the general ballpark of the reference tracks will work best for this pitch. Please make sure your productions are polished, and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high quality and current-sounding.

Not sure about the bass sound...

Thanks for your time
Peace

https://soundcloud.com/pierre-veniot/aaheeyh
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Afrobeat Listing S231028FA

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:07 am

Hi Pierre, good to see you back! I liked the track a lot, well done. Not quite sure about the guitar -- it sounds a little over-compressed. Other than that, I dig it, and good luck!

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:21 am

DouglasKnight wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:07 am
Hi Pierre, good to see you back! I liked the track a lot, well done. Not quite sure about the guitar -- it sounds a little over-compressed. Other than that, I dig it, and good luck!
Thanks Doug, Actually the guitar is doubled by a synth, may be that's it... no compression used.
Africans like to heavy pick the strings, may be that's what you are hearing?

THX

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Pierre,

Beautiful track, but I'm not sure it fits this listing. The references all have much more subdued synths which are in the background vs the percussion. the percussion is where the energy is. The energy comes from the syncopated accents and use of triplets over 2's and 4's at the end of a phrase. I'd remove the guitar as it's not idiomatic of the style referenced and it won't leave room for the vocal if that's what they want to do with it. Start with just the high rhythmic percussion and maybe some single-syllable vocal accent effects. Once the groove is established ~4 measures, bring in some low percussion and your subdued synths. You need a low synth/BD that takes over the entire bottom end at some point in the first 16 measures and you can take it out with a downer effect for an edit point. Create interest by weaving in different samples of the percussion instruments i.e. clave1 for 4 measures, clave2 4 measures, clave1 on the rhythm with clave2 playing a counter rhythm = 12 measures. Do this for each percussion instrument and vary the combinations. You'll want some synth sounds that are reminiscent of a log drum, put those in the 200-500Hz area. Make sure the rhythm is the focus of energy for the track. Listen for the syncopated accents in the rhythm, that's this key to this genre.

I think you have the elements, it's just a matter of a different orchestration and arrangement.

hope this helps.

Michael

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:27 am

myk247365 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:26 pm
Pierre,

Beautiful track, but I'm not sure it fits this listing. The references all have much more subdued synths which are in the background vs the percussion. the percussion is where the energy is. The energy comes from the syncopated accents and use of triplets over 2's and 4's at the end of a phrase. I'd remove the guitar as it's not idiomatic of the style referenced and it won't leave room for the vocal if that's what they want to do with it. Start with just the high rhythmic percussion and maybe some single-syllable vocal accent effects. Once the groove is established ~4 measures, bring in some low percussion and your subdued synths. You need a low synth/BD that takes over the entire bottom end at some point in the first 16 measures and you can take it out with a downer effect for an edit point. Create interest by weaving in different samples of the percussion instruments i.e. clave1 for 4 measures, clave2 4 measures, clave1 on the rhythm with clave2 playing a counter rhythm = 12 measures. Do this for each percussion instrument and vary the combinations. You'll want some synth sounds that are reminiscent of a log drum, put those in the 200-500Hz area. Make sure the rhythm is the focus of energy for the track. Listen for the syncopated accents in the rhythm, that's this key to this genre.

I think you have the elements, it's just a matter of a different orchestration and arrangement.

hope this helps.

Michael
Thanks, It seems I should re-write the whole thing... will keep for anther listing!