Signing up for mentors

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Signing up for mentors

Post by AlanHall » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:12 am

I've been looking for details on how the process logistics work for the actual mentor signup.

I'm assuming that there's a sheet with each mentor's name and a schedule where attendees can sign up for a specific 15-min slot? So if say, I wanted Greg Carrozza at 11:45 on Friday and that slot was already taken, I know to move on to my next-best option?

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Signing up for mentors

Post by superkons » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:29 am

Yes, there is a schedule with a list of mentors and you talk to the person in charge for signing you up with the mentor of your choice. They are happy to provide alternatives for you if your choice is not available.
After the registration, you will be told where to go for the mentor signup
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:00 am

Exactly, Allen. Before the rally, select your top 3 preferences to be prepared. The most popular mentors get booked up the fastest. This is the reason to get on the registration line as early as possible. The earlier you register, the better chance of getting your choice of mentors.

As I've mentioned before, the 1:1 session is just 15 minutes, it goes by in a flash, so be very prepared as far as what you want to talk about, what songs you want to play, etc. Make sure your device is properly playing through it's headphone output (don't forget any required dongles!) and you can quickly bring up the songs you want to play.

See you there!

:D Casey

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:36 am

Thanks, gents. This information-gathering is part of a wider plan to actually be prepared for the rally. It's my intention to not freeze like a 'deer in the headlights'* when I should be getting things done on Thursday.

*an appropriately Taxi-ish metaphor, I think :lol: