Simon Pratt - New here :)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Sdpguitar

Re: Simon Pratt - New here :)

Post by Sdpguitar » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:06 am

eandersonmusic wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:53 pm
There's a listing today that might be a good one for you to submit to.
Uplifting Acoustic based Instrumentals
https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S231012SV
Sdpguitar wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:05 am
If people need guitar stuff I am around.
My brother's Taylor got ran over by a car, any chance I could get a replacement? Haha, kidding of course, I know you meant guitar work.
Thank you! I will check out that one.

Haha! I wish I could hand out Taylor's that would legitimately be the coolest job ever! Sorry to hear it got run over though. Guitar death. Yikes :/

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:36 am

Sdpguitar wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:05 am
funsongs wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:19 am
From The Peanut Gallery (in reasonable proximity to the Taylor Guitar Factory)...
welcome to these forums; and, as one already wrote: nice playing.
Super cool! Californian or Mexican Factory? Although I think they are quite close I have not been. A long way for me.

Thanks for such kind words!
I'm close to the one in El Cajon, CA - aka East San Diego. It's been a long time - maybe 10 years - since taking the free tour there.

I had a Taylor 810 from about 1996 - it was a cannon and had listeners bugging their eyes and dropping their jaws - then smiling...
but sold it (during a money crisis) when I decided to go for the Country/Bluegrass sound of a Martin.

Since there's no such thing as 'too many guitars', I now have the Martin D1-GT, Alvarez-Yairi, 70s-vintage Lyle (Gibson Hummingbird copy),
and smaller body Alvarez, and a Telecaster. I know: shameless. But always fun.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:42 am

Maybe you already know this - but, just in case you DON'T KNOW how to use the Private Message (PM) function here:
1) place the cursor over the name below the User avatar or photo square (on the left side) of the individual to whom you wish to send a message - is should highlight with an underline.
2) when you click onto that it will take you to the page where you can title your subject and write your message to that one person.
3) when you send it, that person will get an alert sent to their email. Likewise, if you've set up your forums profile completely, you should receive an alert to your email INBOX
from the one trying to contact you.

Click onto the envelope icon in the toolbar - top right, to open your message board page.
If there's a (number) in the OUTBOX - the other person has not yet opened it.
If the it is empty, then it's been moved to the SENT folder.

HTH,
Cheers
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:04 pm

Sdpguitar wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:06 am
Responded back! I am new to forum stuff, so I didn't see the PM.
Thanks Simon - I've not received your PM though for some reason. Maybe check your forum Sent/ Outbox and the instructions posted by Funsongs above.

Failing that drop me an email. Or find me on Facebook Messenger ( I am the only person with my name spelled that way ) . Without typing out my email address for the scambots to pick up on it's my my forum handle followed by @btinternet dot com.

Mark

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:44 pm

Hello Simon... welcome to the Taxi Forums ! and Taxi in general too. I'm assuming you know about Taxi TV too over on YouTube ? It's like sync university only more fun :lol:

I adore your playing, it's sublime. I am very sure you will get plenty of placements eventually (it's not an instant, or fast, or even almost fast business). There are many folks here more than willing to help you on your journey in any way you need, including myself.

I'm a full time lyricist myself, who collaborates with loads of people and almost always writing for sync rather than for artists. So much emotion, so little time.

Feel free to message me (or email which is on my website) if you need any specific help re the sync world.

Good luck with your beautiful music,
Amanda
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |

Sdpguitar

Post by Sdpguitar » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:15 am

AmandaJane wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:44 pm
Hello Simon... welcome to the Taxi Forums ! and Taxi in general too. I'm assuming you know about Taxi TV too over on YouTube ? It's like sync university only more fun :lol:

I adore your playing, it's sublime. I am very sure you will get plenty of placements eventually (it's not an instant, or fast, or even almost fast business). There are many folks here more than willing to help you on your journey in any way you need, including myself.

I'm a full time lyricist myself, who collaborates with loads of people and almost always writing for sync rather than for artists. So much emotion, so little time.

Feel free to message me (or email which is on my website) if you need any specific help re the sync world.

Good luck with your beautiful music,
Amanda
Thanks for such a beautiful comment Amanda! :) I am listening to some songs on your website. Seems beautiful. Lyrics is such an art form. One I am not known for :D.

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:35 am

That's probably my tune of the day! love the chord progression, the playing style and the overall quality of the sound.
Love to see such talent, it makes my day!
oh and welcome to Taxi and the forums! enjoy your ride Simon!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image