Best time to arrive at Registration??

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Best time to arrive at Registration??

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:10 am

Happy Halloween All! Looking forward to my very first Road Rally here on Thursday, and just want to know about this dreaded "Registration Line?" When does this line form?? How long are we standing in line?? Is there any other benefit of arriving early and registering early beyond the mentor choices? Thanks in advance!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Best time to arrive at Registration??

Post by AlanHall » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:55 am

BradleyHagen wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:10 am
Is there any other benefit of arriving early and registering early beyond the mentor choices?
Yes! The shorter the line, the quicker you can get to the bathroom :roll:

edit: This will be my first RR also, so I am looking forward to any useful comments here...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:39 am

The benefit of getting on line as early as possible is getting your best pick of a mentor for your 15 minute 1:1 session. That's on a first come/first serve basis after you register. The last few rallies they opened up the line a little earlier in the afternoon than the schedule (if I recall correctly!). Waiting on line can actually be fun as you get to meet other members that way. Many long time friendships and collaborations started with meeting on the line.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:46 am

Don't think about it as a 'dreaded registration line'. Lots of people (including me) have said its one of the many good things about being there.

The line will probably start forming just after breakfast on Thursday morning. Yes that sounds crazy when registration doesn't open until 3pm. However, spending a few hours in the company of people you know from the forums and people you've never met but have the same interests as you is a real fun experience. Those people are likely to become your friends for the rest of the rally and perhaps for years to follow, and maybe even collaborators. You can help each other in lots of ways, like saving your place while you take it in turns to grab some lunch (or maybe get it for each other), and over the next few days share notes on overlapping presentations you missed.

Another benefit of getting close to the font of the line is having the best chance of getting your first choice one-to-one mentor. All the slots for the most popular mentors go very quickly, so don't be surprised if you don't get your first or even second choice.

Check out the forum for other useful tips. I guarantee there will be things you haven't thought about.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:05 am

What Casey said is spot-on. I am going to try Friday morning, as I won't arrive in time Thurs. Whatever mentor I get will be meant to be I guess that late in the game. I do have a list of preferences.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:44 am

Thank you all for the tips..... i have a mix deadline, so may not be able to make it up there until after 3 PM......I am driving up from San Diego, so avoiding traffic is another concern!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com