Why This Band Could Attract a Big Manager

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXILIZ
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Why This Band Could Attract a Big Manager

Post by TAXILIZ » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:58 pm

Want to Attract a Manager? On This Week’s TAXI TV!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://youtube.com/live/iI8JY-YaTYQ

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST) 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Composers, Producers, and Artists,

If you’ve ever thought, “I just need a manager,” listen up!

The manager you’re probably dreaming of—you know… you make the music, and they do all the business-y and promotional work to help you become famous… that kind of manager—probably won’t want to work with you yet, and here’s why…

The big, high-powered managers work on commission, and they won’t MAKE a commission unless you’re already making money. A well-meaning super fan might offer to manage you in the beginning, and that’s great… at least for a while.

But can their lack of industry knowledge, connections, and clout be replaced by their raw enthusiasm? Maybe, but typically, not! And if they’re successful enough to help make you famous and/or get offers from major labels, in most cases, the label you sign with is going to “suggest” that you sign with a seasoned pro instead of your super fan. And that’s when things get ugly.

So, what’s a band or artist to do?

We’re going to take a deep dive on that subject this week on TAXI TV. My guests will be Maddie and Angelo Indre—siblings, besties, and bandmates in the eponymously-named band, Indré from Akron, Ohio.

I met Maddie at the TAXI Road Rally, and checked the band out that night while trying to fall asleep in my hotel room. The more I read, listened, and watched, the more I found myself thinking, “I really like this band, and I’m super impressed with their total commitment to doing what it takes to make their mark.”

DIY from the trenches…
Will this band attract a professional manager and be an act we’ll hear about in a much bigger way? Time will tell! But, from everything I’ve seen so far, I think they just might go the distance!

If you want to see why I think that and learn what Indré is doing that makes them look like real contenders, join me for what promises to be a great interview loaded with first-hand DIY experiences and tips that just might help you do it like they’re doing it!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://youtube.com/live/iI8JY-YaTYQ

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…
You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST) 12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,
Michael