Question about Orchestral/Hybrid Listing S231119AD

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LanceWalker

Question about Orchestral/Hybrid Listing S231119AD

Post by LanceWalker » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:09 pm

Hello All,

I've never submitted a Dramatic Orchestral/Hybrid track before, and I'm wondering if anyone know just how many minutes I should make it?

There aren't any references to a specific time frame for this listing. All three of the tracks are different times as well, so that doesn't help me narrow it down.

I was thinking of making it a solid minute, with all the cuts and edit point to make the commercial work. But I don't know if that's what they want.

Thanks,
Lance

Listing # S231119AD

Kerryman

Re: Question about Orchestral/Hybrid Listing S231119AD

Post by Kerryman » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:51 am

I've just had a track to this (or very similar) listing returned, which was just over 1 minute in length. One of the reasons was that the screener said "it may not be long enough - advert music is usually around 90 seconds or so".

This was puzzling, because there was no specified length and one of the sample tracks was 54 seconds long.

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:29 am

Just to be safe instrumental cue is usually close to 2 minutes and an instrumental is 2 to 4 minutes unless a specific time request is posted. If it says 90 seconds then it should not be shorter than that.

LanceWalker

Post by LanceWalker » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:44 pm

Thanks for the replies everybody! I submitted something that was about 2:40 seconds long. They returned it, but not because of the length of the track. Only because of some dynamics that were missing.

Thanks,
Lance