Which genre ?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Guislain

Which genre ?

Post by Guislain » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I just registered on taxi and made my first submit and first return :roll:

Could you guys tell me for which kind of movie genre this intrumental could fit please ?

Thank you !!!

https://www.taxi.com/members/guislain

Guitarhacker23
Active
Active

Re: Which genre ?

Post by Guitarhacker23 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:37 am

I don't have an answer for you.

Since you're new...... I'll say this:

I recommend that you read the specific listing very carefully and take the time to listen several times to each of the referenced tracks for that particular listing. Then, see what you can write and get feedback against the reference tracks.

Don't get discouraged with returns. Look at them as one more step towards a forward. This is not the easiest thing in the world to do. As You gain the skills needed, you learn how to write to the listings, and you'll get forwards.

You shouldn't necessarily try to fit your songs into a genre or listing..... you should instead, learn to write TOO the listing.

Keep on working. It will happen.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:30 am

Guitarhacker23 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:37 am
You shouldn't necessarily try to fit your songs into a genre or listing..... you should instead, learn to write TOO the listing.
100% this
Guislain wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:16 pm
Could you guys tell me for which kind of movie genre this intrumental could fit please ?
Sounds like some sort of orchestral fanfare...not sure that is a genre but we shouldn't need to tell you, as you should know very clearly before you start writing what you style and genre it is.

As Guitarhacker rightly pointed out, study the listings and then write something in the genre you're being asked for.

Mark

Guislain

Post by Guislain » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:38 am

Guitarhacker23 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:37 am
I don't have an answer for you.

Since you're new...... I'll say this:

I recommend that you read the specific listing very carefully and take the time to listen several times to each of the referenced tracks for that particular listing. Then, see what you can write and get feedback against the reference tracks.

Don't get discouraged with returns. Look at them as one more step towards a forward. This is not the easiest thing in the world to do. As You gain the skills needed, you learn how to write to the listings, and you'll get forwards.

Keep on working. It will happen.
Thanks for the encouragement !