Covers of Orbison

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Guitarhacker23
Active
Active

Covers of Orbison

Post by Guitarhacker23 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:01 am

This is a listing for covers of Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, or Roy Orbison well known songs.

COVER VERSIONS of CHUCK BERRY, ROY ORBISON or JERRY LEE LEWIS SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an A-List Music Publisher for Film and TV sync licensing.

This Publisher is looking for a Wide Range of Mid-to-Up-tempo Songs in the general ballpark of the following references (and others like them):

"Great Balls of Fire" by Dolly Parton

"Roll Over Beethoven" by Electric Light Orchestra

"Domino" by The Cramps

TAXI # S231218CB

This is the link to the song: Newer version

https://app.box.com/s/fnefdtgnh8zb6e0k6qutwyr66b2cs0sm

Thoughts are appreciated.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Covers of Orbison

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:08 am

Hey! Nice attempt on this track, it's an old fave of mine, and I like the vocalist. However, I don't know that it offers "a different or unique take on the original version" as the listing requires. From the references given, it sounds like they want a real departure, but yours is very similar to the original in terms of instrumentation, style, tempo, etc., so maybe try it in a different style or genre altogether, if there's time. Best of luck!
Last edited by DouglasKnight on Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guitarhacker23
Active
Active

Re: Covers of Orbison

Post by Guitarhacker23 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:10 am

DouglasKnight wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:08 am
Hey! Nice attempt on this track, it's an old fave of mine, and I like the vocalist. However, I don't know that it offers "a different or unique take on the original version" as the listing requires. From the references given, it sounds like the want a real departure, but yours is very similar to the original in terms of instrumentation, style, tempo, etc., so maybe try it in a different style or genre altogether, if there's time. Best of luck!
Thanks for the reply and critique. The question is always, is this close enough or is it too close to the references? I wish I had the answer to that. Sometimes the screeners surprise me. Thank you again.