Hip Hop Pop Swagger track - Feedback please!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Hip Hop Pop Swagger track - Feedback please!

Post by bmoBauhaus » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:45 am

Hi everyone,

This was one of my first stabs at a hip hop pop track. Open to all comments. Thank you!

Here is the link to my track
https://www.taxi.com/members/N5SOUeh_Qe ... u-love-me-

Here is the brief:
Lots of FUN, CONFIDENT POP/HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS are needed for an (up to) $200,000 placement in a TV Commercial for a Major Automotive Brand Ad Campaign!

Please listen to the following examples the Company gave us to get yourself in the ballpark of what they need:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"The Buzz" by Hermitude, Mataya & Young Tapz

"End of the Road" by Noga Erez

"Keep Going Up" by Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, & Nelly Furtado

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit well-crafted Pop/Hip-Hop Instrumentals dripping with confidence, attitude, danceable grooves, and fun energy throughout! Super-catchy motifs, engaging beats, and dynamic arrangements with plenty of forward motion and interest are all must haves for this pitch. Instrumentation that's in the general wheelhouse of the references will work best (think slick synths, booming 808-style drums, grooving percussion, etc.). Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated-sounding.

NOTE: The client has requested that you avoid four-on-the-floor House-style beats and Country music elements/flavors for this pitch!

All submissions should be between 90 seconds and 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT: This Client will need your Instrumentals' stems (the individual tracks for each instrument/sample) as well, but not yet! All you need to submit for now are the Full Instrumentals, but please have the stems on-hand and ready to send at a moment’s notice if you get a call or email from the Company. If you don’t have the ability to get your stems in their hands within an hour after being contacted, please don’t submit for this!

NOTE: The creative/sync fee we were quoted was up to $200,000. However, our experience tells us that the sync fee quoted for this placement is probably based on them licensing an Instrumental from a well-known act through a big publisher like Sony or Universal. We think the sync fee will be lower for an unknown, independent act, or for music licensed from a music library. It could go higher – we’re just being cautious and conservative.

The estimated license fee for this placement is (up to) $200,000, depending on the ultimate use. This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE ONE-YEAR deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely tight deadline, so please don't ask! Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, December 20th, 2023. TAXI # S231220ML

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hip Hop Pop Swagger track - Feedback please!

Post by Paulie » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:21 am

Hey Bmo. :) Excellent track, great music. Sounds like you are following the first reference stylistically. My only concern is that the swagger happens too late, you might need to insert a "chorus" of swagger about a third of the way in to follow a more traditional song form arc. The Hermitude reference hits hard at 0:56. Your bass comes in around 1:36. Now, I know this is not a listing for a "song", I'm wondering if the screener will think it takes too long to get to the swagger. Ad listings are always a challenge IMO. Good music though!
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Hip Hop Pop Swagger track - Feedback please!

Post by bmoBauhaus » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:33 am

Paulie wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:21 am
Hey Bmo. :) Excellent track, great music. Sounds like you are following the first reference stylistically. My only concern is that the swagger happens too late, you might need to insert a "chorus" of swagger about a third of the way in to follow a more traditional song form arc. The Hermitude reference hits hard at 0:56. Your bass comes in around 1:36. Now, I know this is not a listing for a "song", I'm wondering if the screener will think it takes too long to get to the swagger. Ad listings are always a challenge IMO. Good music though!
Thanks Paul!!!

I see what you mean. I'll see if I can play around with it a bit.