New to Taxi - 6 days in as Artist Hook and Healer

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hookandhealer

New to Taxi - 6 days in as Artist Hook and Healer

Post by hookandhealer » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:16 am

I just finished uploading over 50 professional recordings over my career since 1994 to my artist page and I am excited to be able to share them worldwide now. Also I am excited to finally have a chance at getting my music placed in TV/Film/Video Games/Commercials. I have never been successful in my career - I am now 46 years old with a wife and 4 children. I was diagnosed with manic depression in 2018. Ever since then I let my dreams of writing, recording, playing, and sharing my music die. Recently, I was inspired to setup my drums after 7 years of them being packed away in storage and my children are in awe that I actually have something so cool and interesting - they now play for 5-10 minutes each day and it brings me joy to see their smiles. I am very rusty at playing my drums and guitar but I am gonna make every effort to play them on a regular basis. I am excited to actually have a song idea or melody to write nowdays and it is one day at a time since we are not guaranteed tomorrow. I am making the most of the time I have and look to share and inspire others to pick up where they left off on their dreams and goals. Life is too short and we must share our gifts and talents!
Feel free to check out my page and recordings, I look forward to getting know some of the members here and I am optimistic about my decision to join TAXI.

Thanks for your time,
~Hook and Healer
https://www.taxi.com/members/hookandhealer

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: New to Taxi - 6 days in as Artist Hook and Healer

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:29 am

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Taxi journey. Good to hear that music is helping your mental health.

You have many good 90s sounding songs on your profile - I would keep those back for the retro listings as they may be useful for a TV show set 30 years ago for example where they need authentic tracks from that era. If you try to use them for non-retro listings you may find they get returned for sounding dated.

The majority of TV & Movies need contemporary music because they take place in the present day and most successful Taxi members write specifically for the listings, so I hope Taxi can help you can get back into the swing of things and get writing and producing again.

There's lots of info on these forums or on Taxi TV, or in certain reccommended books - It can be tough going at first but the ones that get anywhere are usually the ones who can tough out the early years.

All the best

Mark

hookandhealer

Re: New to Taxi - 6 days in as Artist Hook and Healer

Post by hookandhealer » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:40 am

Thanks cosmicdolphin! I appreciate your reply and appreciate the advice. I hope to get something placed soon!
All my best,
~Hook and Healer