We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Amapiano Assistance

Post by BradGray » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:05 pm

Evening All!

I'm working on creating an amapiano cue, as per the below listing. The following is my track thus far: Ukuthula

I'm still working on the mix itself, but wanted to find out if the cue itself is on point with both the listing and target style. With regards to the listing below I've gone the instrumental cue route, vs an instrumental. I was looking for a little feedback on the vibe, style, sounds and what's working and equally important, what's not, would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Brad

A Bunch of AMAPIANO INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Great Music Licensing Company with lots of Film and TV placements.

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Listing # S231211MP, but the Company didn't find what they were looking for, so they asked us to try again. If you submitted to listing # S231211MP, please send different material this time around.

SUCCESS TIP: We think this is a great opportunity to be a big fish in a relatively small pond. This is a genre that we feel confident that many of our members can do, and the requests for it seem to be growing quite a bit, lately. We have little doubt that this company would ask for a full album of this style from the right composer(s), and that would make those folks King of the Hill when requests for Amapiano come in! Would you rather be one of 50 dramedy composers in a catalog, or dominate a growing genre? Yep, we agree ;-)

This Library is looking for several Instrumentals (and/or Cues) in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Injabulo" by Juls & S.O.N. Injabulo

"Groove" by Kelvin Momo Groove

"iMini Yonke" by Gaba Cannal Sino Msolo iMini Yonke

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals and/or Cues only for this request.

Please send in well-crafted Amapiano Instrumentals and/or Cues with lots of inviting grooves and mellow vibes! Your submissions should have memorable motifs, super-engaging rhythms/beats, and dynamic arrangements with lots of forward motion and layering that builds interest as the piece progresses. Amapiano instrumentation that seamlessly blends elements from House, Jazz, and Lounge music, and is in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best (think melodic keys, percussive bass lines, drums, etc.). Please make sure your mix is right for this genre and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and on-target for this rapidly-growing style.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and overall tone. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

mteezykeys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Amapiano Assistance

Post by mteezykeys » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:58 pm

I'm submitting a few tracks to this listing as well. I think your track is on the right path. The listing does ask for "percussive bass lines" though. So I'd recommend swapping out that electric bass patch. I watched a few youtube tutorials on this genre and they all suggest using "log bass" sound. Best of luck!

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradGray » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:57 pm

Thanks Mteezykey, much appreciated.

That's certainly something I can make more percussive, but will check out the log bass. Thanks!

Anything else you hear missing from this one?

Kind Regards,
Brad

P.S. Best of luck on your submissions for this one!!

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:41 pm

Nice piece, Brad!

The tag on Soundcloud should be Amapiano, not Amipiano ...

===
Michael