I just submitted to my first listing :0

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Musicmonk84

I just submitted to my first listing :0

Post by Musicmonk84 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:44 pm

Edited: Fixed the link to my song. I'm new!
Edited 2: Just uploaded to youtube. Sharing from my Taxi profile isn't working.

----------------------------------------

Amapiano is interesting. I quickly realized into the process that I can't be lazy with this music. It needs flair and flavor. Took some time to try and research sounds and even watched a short documentary on the genre. Now I know it's definitely pronounced like it seems to be. "AH-ma-pi-A-no".

So I finished it. I'm happy with it overall. I know I could've done better, but I just didn't want to kill myself over this one (especially since it's my first submission).

You can check out the track here: https://youtu.be/d0aB2aiO-4A

I submitted to this listing:
TAXI # S240128AM

A Bunch of AMAPIANO INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Great Music Licensing Company with lots of Film and TV placements.

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Listing # S231211MP, but the Company didn't find what they were looking for, so they asked us to try again. If you submitted to listing # S231211MP, please send different material this time around.

SUCCESS TIP: We think this is a great opportunity to be a big fish in a relatively small pond. This is a genre that we feel confident that many of our members can do, and the requests for it seem to be growing quite a bit, lately. We have little doubt that this company would ask for a full album of this style from the right composer(s), and that would make those folks King of the Hill when requests for Amapiano come in! Would you rather be one of 50 dramedy composers in a catalog, or dominate a growing genre? Yep, we agree ;-)

This Library is looking for several Instrumentals (and/or Cues) in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Injabulo" by Juls & S.O.N. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKeI6ycG_0

"Groove" by Kelvin Momo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFGzYShQtDU

"iMini Yonke" by Gaba Cannal Sino Msolo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv2WDW4MbW0

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals and/or Cues only for this request.

Please send in well-crafted Amapiano Instrumentals and/or Cues with lots of inviting grooves and mellow vibes! Your submissions should have memorable motifs, super-engaging rhythms/beats, and dynamic arrangements with lots of forward motion and layering that builds interest as the piece progresses. Amapiano instrumentation that seamlessly blends elements from House, Jazz, and Lounge music, and is in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best (think melodic keys, percussive bass lines, drums, etc.). Please make sure your mix is right for this genre and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and on-target for this rapidly-growing style.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and overall tone. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals and/or Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals and/or Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Sunday, January 28th, 2024. TAXI # S240128AM
Last edited by Musicmonk84 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Soli Deo Gloria-

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: I just submitted to my first listing :0

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:08 am

Your link doesn't work for others, please check the forum for instructions on how to fix it.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:06 am

Sadly, every new forum poster has the same experience with links not working. I wish something could be done to make it absolutely fail-safe and prevent so much frustration, but it hasn't happened yet :shock: :( .

Have a look at this thread for help....
how-to-get-a-link-to-share-music-from-y ... 50037.html
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Musicmonk84

Post by Musicmonk84 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:40 am

Edited: Fixed link again 🙄 Just doing youtube

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you! Link is updated! I'll post it here as well

https://youtu.be/d0aB2aiO-4A
Last edited by Musicmonk84 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Soli Deo Gloria-

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:53 am

Musicmonk84 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:40 am
Thank you! Link is updated! I'll post it here as well

https://www.taxi.com/members/SHIKB0uoQV ... -go-amahle
Alas! Still not working.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:53 pm

To test your link, try logging out of your Taxi account, clearing your browser cache, then clicking on the link.
You'll probably get the 404 error that we all get.

Musicmonk84

Post by Musicmonk84 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:59 pm

I'm just doing youtube

https://youtu.be/d0aB2aiO-4A
-Soli Deo Gloria-

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:10 pm

Sounds great! Good luck with the submission.

Musicmonk84

Post by Musicmonk84 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:57 pm

Thank you Telefunkin!
-Soli Deo Gloria-