Why Musicians Without Websites Miss Out

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXILIZ
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Why Musicians Without Websites Miss Out

Post by TAXILIZ » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:38 pm

Why Musicians Without Websites Miss Out On This Week’s TAXI TV!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c11Yf5zzJxA

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST) 12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Composers, Producers, and Artists,

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been disappointed when I hear about a musician who I want to check out, and they only have social media. Most don’t know how to use their socials very well, and even when they do, I don’t find everything I need to know about them.

How much success have you had with your music that can be directly attributable to your social media? Yep, that’s what I thought—practically none.

However, when I Google a musician, and the first thing I see at the top of the page is something like XYZMusician.com, I click and usually learn everything I need to know: What their story is, what their music sounds like, when and where their gigs are, what their videos look like, if they have an EPK, if they sell merch, if they have a Patreon, what their career path looks like, and how to contact him or her. Oh yeah, and links to all of their social media.

Don’t spray and pray…
To me, finding everything I need in one place is what I want—what I need—and that’s what industry executives, potential collaborators, and your fans need too!

Is social media enough? Not even close! It’s a gargantuan firehouse of distractions competing with your chance to engage with the people you want to connect with most.

And speaking of connecting, your own website is also the most effective way to collect email addresses—still the greatest marketing tool there is!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c11Yf5zzJxA

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…
You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST) 12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,

Michael