How Music Licensing Changed My Career - TAXI TV

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXILIZ
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

How Music Licensing Changed My Career - TAXI TV

Post by TAXILIZ » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:38 am

How Sync Licensing Transformed My Career With Jim Thacker on This Week’s TAXI TV!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iD2W3oqevs

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST)12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Composers, Producers, and Artists,

Jim Thacker is one of you. He’s been a musician his entire adult life. He toured extensively. He’s played a gazillion gigs, and he loves making music.

And then he decided to go after that “Music Licensing” thing everybody was talking about. You know… that part of the music industry that’s easier and more realistic than trying to get a record deal with a major label.

“When they hear my music, they’re going to fall in love with it and put it in their movie!”
There’s sooooo much more to it than that, but after decades of living in that “I’m gonna get a record deal” mindset, most musicians don’t know where to start when they enter the world of sync.

Kill the Gatekeepers!!!
They believe that all those myths they learned about the record industry also apply to the world of sync.

And when that wrong-headed thinking kills their chances of becoming successful in sync, they blame the industry, the music supervisors, the publishers, and everybody else. Just like they used to blame the A&R people at record labels who were, “…gatekeepers trying to keep me out.”

Why is Jim Thacker Becoming So Successful in Sync?
Jim has crossed the Rubicon. He’s a very level-headed, straight-ahead guy who’s figured out how to go from gigging musician to sync success with hundreds of placements in Film, TV, and Advertising already to his credit. He’s had multiple placements in the past year (alone) in films starring the likes of Robert De Niro, Dennis Quaid, John Malkovich, John Travolta, Kate Bosworth, and lots of TV shows, as well.

Need a FREE Sync 101 Course?
This episode of TAXI TV might be just what the doctor ordered! If you’re new-ish to the world of sync music licensing, you’re going to love hearing what Jim Thacker has to say. What he’s going to share with you could literally save you from making years of career-killing mistakes!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iD2W3oqevs

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…
You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST) 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,
Michael