experienced Taxi music queue composers

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Marksmilmar

experienced Taxi music queue composers

Post by Marksmilmar » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:49 am

Hi there,
i'm new to taxi about 4 months. I have had some success already signing with a music sync company and with my country pop and kid song submissions.
I love doing the tv/film music queues for the briefs but I don't quite have it down yet according to music reviewers.
QUESTION...is there someone that lives in the Nashville area that knows how this all works or someone in the forum that could contact me about this?
I hope I did this post correct..
thanks m miller

macomposer
Active
Active

Re: experienced Taxi music queue composers

Post by macomposer » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:17 am

Hi... so I'm not in Nashville, but I am on the forum.. (me and many others...) I need a bit more specification... it would take too long (and time is money) to explain "how this ALL works." I can tell you that the music cues are different than songs, so be mindful of straying off the path, so to speak. You can certainly get good and do BOTH songs and cues, but it's more than a notion.

To begin to learn more about how things works, hang out here, come to the rally, and also check out books by Robin Frederick, Steve Barden, and Dean Krippaehne.

And congratulations on your recent success!
Mark Anthony Chubb
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
markanthonychubb.com

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:04 am

Marksmilmar wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:49 am
QUESTION...is there someone that lives in the Nashville area that knows how this all works or someone in the forum that could contact me about this?
When you say 'how this all works' what is it that you're referring to? Is it - Taxi, submissions, production, recording, mixing, mastering, libraries, collaborations, splits, contracts, PROs, placements, cue sheets, licensing, royalties, or something else? With some music signed to a 'music sync company' (is that a music library? Exclusive? Non-ex? Royalty Free?) you must already have some knowledge of the business, but if not then there's a lot of work to do.

Several things race through my mind on reading the question.
1 - There's a lot of help and advice on offer in these forums to specific questions, but anybody wanting to take sync seriously should be willing to try and find out as much as possible about all aspects of the business themselves. Simply asking for all the answers here will be a long drawn-out process. However, most specific questions have been asked before on these forums, so you could always try searching on them. You might get answers quicker that way.
2 - All Taxi members (so you too) will have been granted access to replays of the many Taxi seminars from the virtual Road Rallys, which hold a lot of valuable information for new and even more experienced members.
3 - Every week the main man at Taxi Michael Laskow hosts an episode of Taxi TV live on Youtube, and those episodes have discussed absolutely every Taxi and sync related matter. All the episodes for many years are still available to watch, not just for members, but for anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/@TaxiIndependentAR
4 - There's many other channels of Youtube info on sync related matters, some hosted by Taxi or ex-taxi members. It doesn't take much to find these things. For example...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1egqaD5X6fg
https://www.youtube.com/@52Cues
5 - There are several great books on the sync, and ought to be mandatory reading, for example....
https://www.deankrippaehne.net/media
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Books-Steve-Ba ... eve+Barden
6 - If all of the above is not enough, there are several places offering courses on sync. I won't suggest any because it depends on how you prefer to learn and what aspects you want to know more about.

Basically though, there's a LOT of info already available, most of it is free, and some of it has already been offered to you. People here will be happy to help when you have specific questions but it'll all be a lot easier if you follow some of the leads above first.
I hope some of that helps.
Last edited by Telefunkin on Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 am

Yes, as the other fellas mentioned, check out TAXI TV on YouTube. I'd suggest starting with this recent episode, as it's pretty much a "101 course" for everything you may have questions about in the early stages:

https://www.youtube.com/live/Rz1dXF2BgaU?si=jL6vOaJ4IlW8MzPG

~~Matt

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 am

Well first off is learning to spell "cue". It's not "queue". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking!
:D Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:57 pm

Casey H wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 am
Beet me to it !

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:10 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:57 pm
Casey H wrote:
Beet me to it !
Grate minds... :lol:

Marksmilmar

Post by Marksmilmar » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:17 pm

macomposer wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:17 am
Hi... so I'm not in Nashville, but I am on the forum.. (me and many others...) I need a bit more specification... it would take too long (and time is money) to explain "how this ALL works." I can tell you that the music cues are different than songs, so be mindful of straying off the path, so to speak. You can certainly get good and do BOTH songs and cues, but it's more than a notion.

To begin to learn more about how things works, hang out here, come to the rally, and also check out books by Robin Frederick, Steve Barden, and Dean Krippaehne.

Hey sorry, you're right that statement was very vague.

Marksmilmar

Post by Marksmilmar » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:24 pm

macomposer wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:17 am

Thank you...

Marksmilmar

Post by Marksmilmar » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:25 pm

Casey H wrote:

Joking!
:D Casey
Man your stuff sounds great on your website...