"Everywhere" listing

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Misterbuddy09
Active
Active

"Everywhere" listing

Post by Misterbuddy09 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:44 am

What does 'uptempo' version mean? Faster? I'm hoping to cover "Everywhere" but not quite sure what they mean by uptempo.
Thanks for any advice on this.

Here's the listing. Oh by the way, if anyone is interested in collaborating, let me know.
REIMAGINED COVERS of "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a great Music Licensing Company with a long, and super-impressive history of placements in Film, TV, and Commercials.

This Company is eagerly searching for COVERS of the following song, in a wide variety of styles:

"Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac

Please submit your unique take on the Song "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac! The Company specifically asked for uptempo versions of the Song. They are not looking for soundalikes, so please don't submit Covers that sound too close to the original. Your submissions should have a creative spin on it, but also stay somewhat true to the original (melody and lyrics). Instrumentation can vary based on the style of your cover, as long as it works for the genre you've decided to go with.

Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal, so please be sure the Covers you submit for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You must own or control your Masters to submit. Please submit as many Covers as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, March 9th, 2024. TAXI # S240309FM

TAXI # S240309FM

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: "Everywhere" listing

Post by Casey H » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:12 pm

My take is they want something with a medium-fast to fast tempo, not versions that slow it down to a more laid back, serious vibe. The original is uptempo. You want to stay with at least that tempo and yours should have an overall bright, upbeat, happy feel. HTH

Dean3333

Post by Dean3333 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:35 am

I LOVE her and that song!!!! Are you looking to collaborate on lyrics ?

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:12 pm
My take is they want something with a medium-fast to fast tempo, not versions that slow it down to a more laid back, serious vibe. The original is uptempo. You want to stay with at least that tempo and yours should have an overall bright, upbeat, happy feel. HTH
We are working on a heavy rock version of this track right now Casey, and I echo this gentleman's concerns..... I bumped up the BPM by 7, is this "uptempo" from the original??
And also, Is this a "cover"?? It seems to be, but they also mention no "soundalikes" Are they referring to instrumentation?? It is a very confusing request!
Thanks as always CH!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:31 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm
Casey H wrote:
We are working on a heavy rock version of this track right now Casey, and I echo this gentleman's concerns..... I bumped up the BPM by 7, is this "uptempo" from the original??
And also, Is this a "cover"?? It seems to be, but they also mention no "soundalikes" Are they referring to instrumentation?? It is a very confusing request!
Thanks as always CH!
Is this a cover? Well, let me see.... the first words of the listing are: :?
REIMAGINED COVERS of "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac
I don't find it confusing at all. Creative cover versions are very popular now. They want a new take on the song, keeping it uptempo, and not sounding just like the original. There are not SUPPOSED to be any soundalikes! The idea is for you to cover the song in a unique & different way. Google "Reimagined Covers", there is lots of stuff out there on Spotify, Youtube, etc. They mention that you should not change the original melody and lyrics. There are other threads on the forum regarding the listing for a reimagined cover of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" by the Eagles. I think there is at least one posted that got the forward.
Last edited by Casey H on Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:34 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Thanks as always CH!
Often in the past, ad agencies have lowered their artistic costs by getting 'soundalikes' produced of very well known songs, where in the context of the ad it's indistinguishable from the original song musically and vocally... especially where only a few words of the chorus are used from a vocal stem. I have a feeling that the aesthetic winds have changed and now ad agencies are looking for 'bright, fresh' versions of these old warhorses... When they're not making huge cross-marketing deals with the hottest of today's stars, that is.

My read of the listing is that your 'cover' should not be so close to the original that even the casual listener could mistake it for the original. JM2C

edit: simulpost with Casey ;)
Last edited by AlanHall on Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:58 pm

I'd agree with Casey and Alan. Same song, but re-imagined rather than sounding similar, and kept uptempo rather than a slow version.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:07 pm

Casey H wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:31 pm
BradleyHagen wrote:
Casey H wrote:
Thanks as always CH!
Is this a cover? Well, let me see.... the first words of the listing are: :?
REIMAGINED COVERS of "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac
I don't find it confusing at all. Creative cover versions are very popular now. They want a new take on the song, keeping it uptempo, and not sounding just like the original.
Well Casey..... "you are not as conFUSED as I am" are you??

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:37 am

BradleyHagen wrote:
We are working on a heavy rock version of this track right now Casey
A heavy rock version could be exactly what they are looking for- interpreting the song in a different genre & style. So you are probably on the right track (no pun). Of course, to get the forward there would be other factors but post that heavy rock one if you can.

Good luck!
Casey

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:04 am

Thanks Casey!