Went 1 for 2 on the hard rock listing

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Went 1 for 2 on the hard rock listing

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:38 pm

Hey I'll take it!!!

LISTING:
A bunch of HEAVY ROCK SONGS (in a wide range of styles) with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Music Library with a ton of credits in Feature Films, TV Shows, and TV Commercials.

This Company is searching for Songs for placements in Film, TV, and Commercials in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from them:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"Ace Of Spades" by Motörhead

"Killing in the Name" by Rage Against The Machine

"Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC

NOTE: You can submit recently recorded Songs in the general style of the references that capture the authentic sound needed, OR if you have high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear those as well!

Please submit original Heavy Rock Songs (no covers) that capture the raucous energy and style heard in the references! Your submissions should have memorable choruses, hard-hitting rhythms, great musicianship, and well-crafted lyrics. Rock instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers a NON-Exclusive, 50/50 deal. You’ll get 50% of any applicable sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Masters and Compositions to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Please include lyrics! All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, February 27th, 2024. TAXI # S240227HR

TAXI # S240227HR

TRACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-
FEEDBACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... 8Q5AhRO4vg

The other one was an AC/DCish/GNRish track, and I really didn't think it was going to make it honestly.....I ran out of time, and there were just too many issues with it, but we WILL fix and resubmit the next time! Still, the feedback was still a LITTLE bit wierd..(Any thoughts on that are welcome of course!)... Not gonna worry about it too much....NEXT!!!

FEEDBACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... b368W_0jdw
TRACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Went 1 for 2 on the hard rock listing

Post by edmondredd » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:05 pm

When I heard the first notes of Come Get Some, I immediately thought of RATM, then went to read the feedback, and here it was :) I agree it would take some ear candy similar to the ones you find in Killing In The Name Of.
Congrats on the forwards Brad!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:19 pm

Thanks Edmond....I am not trying to play the blame game here, but these screeners have made me extremely paranoid about anything being "too busy"
I had the Whammy guitar stuff on there, had some guitar riffs just using the pickup selector on a Les Paul effect, with some wierd delays, mod effects, etc, and a bunch of other cool overdubs, PLENTY of "Ear Candy" because I LOVE that part of creating and production. I guess that I will start leaving some of this stuff in?? (UNTIL I GET A RETURN FOR THAT!!!! LOLOL!!!)
Have a great weekend brother and thanks for the congrats

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:42 am

'Come Get Some' was always going to make it through. Great job, and good luck for second base - a deal from it. :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:20 am

2 great songs.
I like the chorus of the second one, maybe the screener was waiting for a backing vocal in the chorus?

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:52 am

WSAO wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:20 am
2 great songs.
I like the chorus of the second one, maybe the screener was waiting for a backing vocal in the chorus?
Appreciate it!!
Yeah, I think that is what he or she is referring to?? I wish they could be a little more clear sometimes, but it is what it is.... If another listing like this pops up, I will definitely redo the chorus and the ending and resubmit...The thing is....NONE of the ref tracks have big hooky choruses with big stacked vocals!! Granted..."Shoot to Thrill" has a far more hookier chorus than ours, but it just a single lead vocal... I also don't understand how the vocals are too "pitchy." Is B Johnson spot on with every single note?? Is Lemmy? I mean, Melodyne on every single note sounds like crap, and that alone gets stuff returned....I know, because I have had stuff that I sang on returned over too much vocal tuning! lol
I only use Melodyne for timing adjustments, and maybe an occasional word here and there, but not much, almost zero....After all, it's Rock and Roll, not K-Pop!