We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mteezykeys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Drumline Instrumentals

Post by mteezykeys » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:01 am

Wide Range of Mid-to-Up-tempo Instrumentals
NOTE: This Library is open to Instrumentals with a drumline only, OR Instrumentals that have a prominent drumline mixed with other mainstream elements. Additional Hip Hop drums, brass hits, synth bass, electric guitar riffs, staccato strings, etc. could all potentially work! Just be sure to keep the drumline featured prominently, and make sure it has the hyped-up type of sound that you would hear on a sports network!

Please send in well-crafted Drumline Instrumentals bursting with rhythmic energy that could work for a promo spot or highlight reel on a Major Sports network! Your submissions should have engaging grooves, dynamic arrangements with plenty of forward motion and interest, and well-performed percussive instrumentation throughout. Live instrumentation is encouraged, but if you choose to use virtual instruments or samples, please make sure they are high-quality, realistic, and not dated-sounding. Capturing an authentic Drumline sound is key for this listing!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, button/stinger endings will work best.

Here is link to my tracks. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance for listening!
My 3 Drumline Tracks

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Drumline Instrumentals

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 am

Hi, IMHO the tracks are missing some energy for sports, particularly as they're asking for a 'hyped-up sound'. The drum roll in the first one gets a bit too repetitive for me, the second one is a bit sparse, and the last one could use some beefed-up brass, but I think they could all benefit from bumping up the sense of excitement.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:49 pm

It's hard to know exactly what they want. I understand Telefunkin point, but how much energy should have?
I like all of them, my favourite is the 2nd, with only drums.
The 3rd one has a fun vibe (as one of the references) but I would replace the brass sounds with a more impactful one.
But overall, I can see all of them in advertisement, really good clean mixes!

kjckjc
Active
Active

Post by kjckjc » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:57 am

Not sure if this listing's deadline has passed yet or not (there were a couple of them I think), But FWIW - from a drummer/percussionist/ex-band director (still a newbie here though) - seems to "loose" drumming wise to me... Think of a "real drumline", it would be very tight and crisp... This sounds like it was put together with loops, and the intros to each section come in a bit early and sloppy - if that makes sense... In the 1st track - I hear the 3rd 16th note SD entry, but sounds like a middle school drumline who are just not getting it together... especially with the SD roll entrances... In the 2nd track, the BD sounds fake and over quantized - again - the 3rd 16th note entrance sounds rushed and too "hip-hoppy" to me... Personally - I think the 3rd track sounds the most realistic and tight... Again - just my 2 cents - trying to help if I can - as others have helped me... Good Luck!
..."To Play a Wrong Note is Insignificant... To Play Without Passion is Inexcusable"...
~ Ludwig Van Beethoven

https://www.taxi.com/members/kencrombie