Impressive
Impressive

Runnin w/ The Devil Trailer-Style Cover

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:28 am

Happy St Pats TAXI FOLKS!

Here is the fresh listing:

Cover Songs, Advertising
[NEW LISTING]
RE-IMAGINED TRAILER-STYLE COVERS of the Song "Runnin' with the Devil" by Van Halen are needed by an EXCLUSIVE, LA-based Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for Movie Trailers, TV, Films, and Video Games.

This Company is looking for a wide-range of trailer-style covers of the following Song:

"Runnin' with the Devil" by Van Halen

Please submit well-crafted Trailer-Style Covers of the Song "Runnin' with the Devil" that give a re-imagined spin to the original! Your submissions should have a captivating, cinematic sound, and excellent arrangements full of dynamics, forward motion, and interest throughout. Orchestral or Hybrid/Orchestral instrumentation in the general style of major motion picture movie trailers will work best – think Orchestral, OR a mix of Orchestral, Electronic, Hip-Hop, Sound Design, and/or Rock elements, etc. Whichever approach you decide to take, your production should be solid and any virtual instruments or samples you use should be cutting-edge and high-quality. Engaging, well-performed vocals with a cinematic spin could seal the deal!

NOTE: We strongly recommend sticking as close as possible to the original melodies and lyrics of the Song so it's instantly recognizable to listeners.

Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50. You must own or control your Master to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Covers as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, April 7th, 2024. TAXI # S240407NN

OK....so my question is somewhat naive, but please bear with me... What is a "Trailer - Style Cover" exactly? I know that many of you folks write for movie trailers, but I know virtually nothing about it...I mean, I have seen a few movie trailers with the big Orchestral parts, and Sound Design Elements, but a further explanation of how this pertains to a Van Halen cover wold really help me out here....Thanks in advance!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

macomposer
Active
Active

Re: Runnin w/ The Devil Trailer-Style Cover

Post by macomposer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:58 am

Hey Brad,

A trailer cover song is sorta like doing a remix of a song. However, there are usually some very specific requirements: 1) it has orchestral elements, 2) it flips the tempo of the song, so typically fast(er) songs are slowed way down, 3) it's moody, atmospheric sounding, and 4) it typically follows trailer music format (like 3 acts, or sometimes 4 acts).

Some examples:

Coldplay - Don't Panic, covered by Clairity
X-Men: Apocalpyse Trailer

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight, covered by Judith Hill
Little Fire Everywhere

Beyonce - Crazy In Love - Fifty Shades of Grey
Crazy In Love

Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit, covered by Think Up Anger feat. Malia J.
Smell Like Teen Spirit

You get the idea...

Until around 2020 or so, these were used a lot in A trailers (the ones that were shown in theaters for movies). Since then, I tend to see them more for TV show trailers, and games. They may still show up in a movie trailer too (usually for the TV spots for the move trailers (called the B trailer sometimes). But I imagine as these types of trends come and go, we might start seeing them more in theaters again especially as that side of things continues to recover from the pandemic.

Hope this helps - Mark
Mark Anthony Chubb
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
markanthonychubb.com

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:14 pm

Mark-
I totally appreciate it!!! thanks a bunch dude
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 am

It is something that should NEVER be done to a Van Halen song Bro!! LOL Eddie will roll over in his grave over this. JS... :lol:

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:32 pm

Gillihan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 am
It is something that should NEVER be done to a Van Halen song Bro!! LOL Eddie will roll over in his grave over this. JS... :lol:
I was thinking about that :D

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:39 pm

WSAO wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:32 pm

I was thinking about that :D

I'm Glad I'm not alone!! hahah I feel it would be sacrelig! Long LIVE VAN HALEN!!! :ugeek: