What if: 1. I'm signed up with TUNECORE? AND 2.Example of LIBRARY: 100% of the Publisher’s AND ME: keep 100% of the Writ

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ashboxclay

What if: 1. I'm signed up with TUNECORE? AND 2.Example of LIBRARY: 100% of the Publisher’s AND ME: keep 100% of the Writ

Post by ashboxclay » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:09 pm

I'm hoping that you'll indulge me, being an older guy (64), because I'm a little confused on 2 items. I'm also kind of excited because I did just get a song FORWARDED. I appreciate your help.

1. If a song I have is currently distributed by TUNECORE and it is forwarded to a Library listing that states: "....Company offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. If you've checked the box to have your music "monetized," published, or administrated by a company like CDBaby, TuneCore. CAN I SIMPLY REMOVE IT FROM TUNECORE BEFORE SIGNING WITH THE LIBRARY (even though I made a few cents from it already)?

2. If the library listing says that they have "....many placements in Film, TV, and Advertising...", and that their deal is "...Library will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share...", is there is basic example/explanation as to what I get in different scenarios: Example: It's simply played in a TV program, Ad, or movie but there is no "mechanical" sold (soundtrack, etc.)? If it is part of a movie soundtrack and there are sales generated? I'm asking because it seems that if it is simply played, I won't get any $$$.

BTW, I'm retired, I've been at this my entire life. I'm not worried about the money part. I just don't want to be a jerk about doing something stupid.

I'm really sorry for not understanding this. Thanks so much in advance. Good luck to all of you.

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What if: 1. I'm signed up with TUNECORE? AND 2.Example of LIBRARY: 100% of the Publisher’s AND ME: keep 100% of the

Post by DesireInspires » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:05 pm

Honestly, I wouldn’t go through the trouble of removing the song from Tunecore. The song was forwarded, but that does not mean that the music library will accept the song into its catalog.

If the library is not willing to accept the song, you should write a similar song.

No need to trouble yourself with these things. There is always more music to write.