We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

"The Challenge" (Epic Trailer)

Post by johndalenow » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:20 pm

https://www.taxi.com/members/5g4RsNP0S1 ... -challenge

Lots of EPIC, TRAILER-Style ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing company that's landed some great trailer and promo placements for TAXI members.

This company is searching for a bunch of Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Simulant - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPf1aMpPbs

The Moon - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZGtDWZjmoU&t=13s

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ_HvTBaFoo

Quoting the company's CEO: "Must consist of grand, orchestral arrangements that evoke a sense of scale and intensity. 3-Act Structures are required."

Please submit wonderfully-crafted Trailer-Style Orchestral Instrumentals that are full of drama, suspense, and building intensity! Your submissions should have dramatic, larger-than-life motifs, and three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo. Please craft your pieces around one central motif and create dynamics, interest, and tons of exciting, forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as the pieces progress to a HUGE, climactic ending. Orchestral instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality, very realistic-sounding, and well-articulated.

Submissions should be about 2 to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, Stinger endings are need for this request. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 Deal. You’ll get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s Share. You’ll keep 100% of the original Copyright and Master Recordings. You must own or control the Masters and Copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. Time-permitting, someone from the Music Library may screen some or all of the submissions. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, April 8th, 2024. TAXI # S240408EP
Last edited by johndalenow on Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: "The Challenge" (Epic Trailer)

Post by WSAO » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:08 am

High quality stuff, mate!
Sounds really good.
Well done!

macomposer
Active
Active

Post by macomposer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:52 am

John, I think this is good. However, in my experience (and returns :( ) when they say orchestral, they really don't want sound design elements. They want those for sound design trailers, so that might be an issue. If you start it from that point, and write from there, you might be golden.

Just some thoughts.
- Mark
Mark Anthony Chubb
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
markanthonychubb.com

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:28 am

macomposer wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:52 am
John, I think this is good. However, in my experience (and returns :( ) when they say orchestral, they really don't want sound design elements. They want those for sound design trailers, so that might be an issue. If you start it from that point, and write from there, you might be golden.

Just some thoughts.
- Mark
Hi Mark, and thanks for the input. The references they post have significant sound design, so I'm not sure how much I should use. I appreciate your observation and cautioning. Maybe others will comment as well. Thank you again. John
Last edited by johndalenow on Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:32 am

WSAO wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:08 am
Sounds really good.
Well done!
Thanks again for your encouragement. Best!

macomposer
Active
Active

Post by macomposer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:04 am

johndalenow wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:28 am
macomposer wrote:

Just some thoughts.
- Mark
Hi Mark, and thanks for the input. The references they post have significant sound design, so I'm not sure how much I should use. I appreciate your observation and cautioning. Maybe others will comment as well. Thank you again. John
You are welcome, and I HOPE that I am wrong about it.... I did have this one thought though.. Remember that trailers are typically built out of different pieces of music - they might take the intro from one piece of music, the second act from a different piece of music, and the third act from something else. Yes, the references do have sound design elements, but those parts of the trailers may not have come from the same piece of music. In other words, the finished trailer as we see isn't one piece of music from beginning to end... It's usually a combination of a lot of things. (The typical exceptions are trailers that are custom made.) Just another thought I had..
Mark Anthony Chubb
markanthonychubb.com

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:48 pm

macomposer wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:04 am
johndalenow wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:28 am
macomposer wrote:

Just some thoughts.
- Mark
You are welcome, and I HOPE that I am wrong about it.... I did have this one thought though.. Remember that trailers are typically built out of different pieces of music - they might take the intro from one piece of music, the second act from a different piece of music, and the third act from something else. Yes, the references do have sound design elements, but those parts of the trailers may not have come from the same piece of music. In other words, the finished trailer as we see isn't one piece of music from beginning to end... It's usually a combination of a lot of things. (The typical exceptions are trailers that are custom made.) Just another thought I had..
Hi Mark, I just spoke to the "Mother Ship" and they advised that the sound design elements are fine as long as there are also main Orchestral elements. So, fingers crossed, I will be submitting pretty much as is. Thanks for your advisements. John

macomposer
Active
Active

Post by macomposer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:02 pm

Well, that solves it! Great! I wish you the best with it! - Mark
Mark Anthony Chubb
markanthonychubb.com

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 pm

WSAO wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:08 am
Sounds really good.
Well done!
I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm. Best!