Another Return for the Stomp Clap Rock Instrumental - Can someone help me?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another Return for the Stomp Clap Rock Instrumental - Can someone help me?

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:15 am

DanGalasso wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:22 pm
Assuming you're saying the stomp clap sounds I needed are in there, this will save tons of time and grief for the next one!
I'm saying that it could help. You might like it or might not, but there's loads of similar things around if you start Googling and some are free. As Mark mentioned, the Boz stuff is very usable and often on sale.
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/ ... ps-bundle/

These took seconds to find, and the first is free....
https://redroomaudio.com/product/snaps- ... ps-shouts/

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... gJdhvD_BwE

https://www.iwantthatsound.com/boots-claps

The solutions are as diverse as the applications and there's never just one that will always be perfect for everyone. Also, don't forget that you can layer them to get something unique (always a good idea).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:17 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:26 pm
Boz Labs El Clapo is your friend
A course of antibiotics will take care of that. :lol:

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:50 am

DanGalasso wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:28 pm
I'm kind of annoyed that I somehow keep missing the mark here. Can someone help me fix this so that I can understand what I'm continually doing wrong? Thanks in advance. Maybe I need a collaborator with a bunch of forwards to work with and help reign me in / show me the ropes? For the record, if I recall correctly, every single one of the examples had a melody that I thought was supposed to be replaced by an instrumental melody because it didn't specifically state "underscore" and asked for earworm melodies so I went with the solo....

Here's what I submitted:
https://www.taxi.com/members/ujrTCM1MTH ... rumental-1
I seemingly cannot nail down these "Stomp Rock" requests either, and I have submitted to three different listings. I will be following this thread closely, and am eager to see what the "old timers" have to say about this...
It should be pretty easy, but it definitely is NOT!!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:54 am

Dan-
DEFINITELY get the Boz El Clapo!!! You can set the claps from one to hundreds of people, and adjust how tight they are, reverb, etc.. They also have finger snaps "El Snappet" , and boot stomps "Das Boot" available. I think I got all 3 for like 29 bucks or so.... On most of my returns the screeners have complimented my stomps and claps FWIW!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:55 am

Casey H wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:17 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:26 pm
Boz Labs El Clapo is your friend
A course of antibiotics will take care of that. :lol:
You are one funny Dude Casey! lol

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 am

DanGalasso wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:16 am

In the meantime, time to turn that failed submission into a full song and publish under my Distrokid account. I have a couple local musician pals itching to do a full something with it. Might as well. Just need to work out a chorus section, transitions, and some lyrics.
I wouldn't give up just yet Dan.... Just make the necessary adjustments, and resubmit for the next one...These Stomp Rock listings seem to come around quite frequently as of late. I have 35 or so full songs that probably will never work for sync, but I am not eager to put them out for streaming just yet, because my understanding is that once you use Distrokid, CDBaby Pro, etc, you cannot submit them any more.... At least on an exclusive deal, which most of them are.. Now, I am also fairly new on here, so if I am not accurate in this statement, can somebody please correct me?? Casey? Matt? Bueller? Anyone?

DanGalasso

Post by DanGalasso » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:12 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 am
DanGalasso wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:16 am

In the meantime, time to turn that failed submission into a full song and publish under my Distrokid account. I have a couple local musician pals itching to do a full something with it. Might as well. Just need to work out a chorus section, transitions, and some lyrics.
I wouldn't give up just yet Dan.... Just make the necessary adjustments, and resubmit for the next one...These Stomp Rock listings seem to come around quite frequently as of late. I have 35 or so full songs that probably will never work for sync, but I am not eager to put them out for streaming just yet, because my understanding is that once you use Distrokid, CDBaby Pro, etc, you cannot submit them any more.... At least on an exclusive deal, which most of them are.. Now, I am also fairly new on here, so if I am not accurate in this statement, can somebody please correct me?? Casey? Matt? Bueller? Anyone?
Hey Brad, I appreciate the encouragement and I may just make the changes and resubmit in however many months it takes for another one of these to come up and in the mean time just rearrange the parts into a full song structure and release anyway. The way I understand it from the pre-recorded new member zoom call I watched, distribution with online distribution companies like you mentioned is fine, as long as you don't also opt in to additional marketing opportunities with them, which is akin to entering into a publishing agreement, which would then screw up any kind of licensing agreement a library might want to engage you for. I have been digesting as much information as I can about the business because I like the idea of music creation being my retirement plan, and I know more about that than getting forwards, apparently. I've submitted 30 songs, and got one forward out of it. I had one of the screeners call my song "Let It Go" and I'll quote "...kind of pedestrian. Sorry Daniel". And while the entire Adult contemporary genre could essentially be summed up as "kind of pedestrian" as a whole, it didn't hurt any less to read what seemed more like a personal taste statement than a "it didn't fit the listing because" critique. Am I sensitive about it? sure.. I'm over here licking my wounds, debating my talent and self worth, while writing an introspective woe is me kind of fingerpicked guitar singer songwriter thing, while crying into my shirt, because I need some positive feedback from my Facebook followers/friends to soften the blow. Or therapy :lol: . One is definitely less expensive than the other.

I appreciate you.

DanGalasso

Post by DanGalasso » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:16 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:15 am
DanGalasso wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:22 pm
Assuming you're saying the stomp clap sounds I needed are in there, this will save tons of time and grief for the next one!
I'm saying that it could help. You might like it or might not, but there's loads of similar things around if you start Googling and some are free. As Mark mentioned, the Boz stuff is very usable and often on sale.
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/ ... ps-bundle/

These took seconds to find, and the first is free....
https://redroomaudio.com/product/snaps- ... ps-shouts/

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... gJdhvD_BwE

https://www.iwantthatsound.com/boots-claps

The solutions are as diverse as the applications and there's never just one that will always be perfect for everyone. Also, don't forget that you can layer them to get something unique (always a good idea).
Hey, I just got around to installing that audience choir you pointed out and the stomp claps in there seem to be very nice. I'd have been very satisfied using them with a little extra reverb/delay. Thanks again for all the extra options, I'll check those out as well.

DanGalasso

Post by DanGalasso » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:18 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:54 am
Dan-
DEFINITELY get the Boz El Clapo!!! You can set the claps from one to hundreds of people, and adjust how tight they are, reverb, etc.. They also have finger snaps "El Snappet" , and boot stomps "Das Boot" available. I think I got all 3 for like 29 bucks or so.... On most of my returns the screeners have complimented my stomps and claps FWIW!
Brad, I checked it out and my god is it impressive! They want $80 for it right now though, so I've put it on a watch list and when the next sale comes around I'll snag them too. Thanks bud.