Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Fake British Accent on New Wave track?

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 pm

Hello Everyone-
I have decided to work on a track with vocals for this listing:
A Bunch of '80s-Style SYNTHWAVE/SYNTHPOP SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a big deal, global Music Licensing Company with a very long and impressive list of placements in Film, TV, and Video Games!

This Company is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs in the general wheelhouse of the following examples:

"Hazy" by Thought Beings

"Sunset" by the Midnight

"Silence" by Essenger ft. The Midnight

"On The Run Again" by BLIXX 86

NOTE: You can submit recently recorded/produced Songs in the general style of the references, OR if you have high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear those as well!

Please submit well-crafted Synthwave/Synthpop Songs that capture the retro sound and style of the 1980s! Your submissions should have nostalgic motifs, '80s synthesizers, engaging rhythms, solid arrangements, well-crafted lyrics, and plenty of '80s flair. Synthpop instrumentation that falls in the general ballpark of the examples will work best for this opportunity. Be sure any virtual instruments or samples you use are high quality, era-appropriate, and consistent with the references.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please do not send material for this pitch that has already been signed to other libraries or catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, April 4th, 2024. TAXI # S240404YN

I have everything done but the vocals, and am going to get those done tomorrow...... Do the screeners and libraries frown upon fake British Accent vocals?? And while we are talking about this....what about fake southern accents on Country stuff??
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Fake British Accent on New Wave track?

Post by BradleyHagen » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

OK Peeps....Here is the first track for the New Wave brief.... Let me know what you think...ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME...... GOOD and BAD
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... 9-Lg-pulse

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

Hi, I'd say that you've captured the spirit of the era and style. Potential screener reasons for return - vocals are quite masked rather than clear, mix is a bit heavy, arrangement is a bit one-dimensional rather than having that development arc they often mention. Accent? As a Brit it wouldn't fool me but what I can hear seems OK 8-) :) . I'm not sure about the vocoder type vocals but maybe they're OK. The refs are all (bar the last one) a bit slower and have more well defined chorus sections, so that could be a concern too.
Last edited by Telefunkin on Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

I appreciate your time dude..I really do! I definitely am not fooling a Brit with the fake accent lol! I just rewatched Spinal Tap for the 78th time, and went from there! I don't really have anywhere to go with this tune at this point with regards to arrangement/arc, so I may just polish up the mix and cross my fingers..... Already working on #2!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am
Hi, I'd say that you've captured the spirit of the era and style.
Thanks Graham! The funny part of this is that when this stuff was all over the radio and MTV in the early to mid 80's (when I was in High School) I friggin' HATED IT.... I was into Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Van Halen. In fact, the kids that listened to this stuff typically were beaten up, by the likes of ME!!! (not proud of that....) Fast Forward 4 decades, and I REALLY love this stuff!! The writing is great, and the synth stuff/Linn drums, etc are awesome.... It definitely stands the test of time.