We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

themarkalanproject
Active
Active

Horror/Hybrid Trailer Submission?

Post by themarkalanproject » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get down the 3 Act Structure better. This is my first attempt on a horror/suspense hybrid. Had a lot of fun with it so far. Just looking for any feedback.

https://www.taxi.com/members/Er9Iix4ATp ... dissonance

The listing --

A Bunch of HORROR/SUSPENSE TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing company that gets lots of placements in Trailers and TV Promos.

This company is on the lookout for Trailer-Style Hybrid/Sound Design Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

The Piper - Official Trailer

Smile - Official Trailer

Prey for the Devil - Official Trailer

Quoting the Client: "Must be tense, atmospheric, and designed to create a sense of fear or anticipation. 3-Act Structures are required."

Please submit Trailer-Style Hybrid/Sound Design Instrumentals that add a suspenseful and horror-filled feel to what is being shown on screen. Disturbing arrangements with three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo are needed for this request. Please craft your pieces with dynamics, interest, and forward momentum by layering sounds in and out as the pieces progress. Instrumentation that stays in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best. Combinations of sound design elements, electronic elements, and atonal orchestral elements could all potentially work. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic-sounding.

Submissions should be about 2-3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 Deal. You’ll get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s Share. You’ll keep 100% of the original Copyright and Master Recordings. You must own or control the Masters and Copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. Time-permitting, someone from the Music Library may screen some or all of the submissions. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, April 7th, 2024. TAXI Dispatch # D240407US
- the mark alan project

kjckjc
Active
Active

Re: Horror/Hybrid Trailer Submission?

Post by kjckjc » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 am

FWIW (still a newbie here - but I would also like to attempt this style), I think it sounds a little too busy too soon... To my ears, perhaps start lighter, and build all those sounds/FX in over a longer time frame... I have read here about the 3 act structure - and the 1st is much quieter, so there can be dialogue over it - and then it builds to the climax/terror scenes - and ends strong... Slower, longer build up is my 2 cents.... Good Luck!
..."To Play a Wrong Note is Insignificant... To Play Without Passion is Inexcusable"...
~ Ludwig Van Beethoven

https://www.taxi.com/members/kencrombie

themarkalanproject
Active
Active

Re: Horror/Hybrid Trailer Submission?

Post by themarkalanproject » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 pm

Appreciate that! At first I think I had too little, and now I tend to agree with that. Maybe a few less hits overall. Was the overall mix good? Did it follow a 3 act in your opinion?
- the mark alan project