Lifesaver (well at least wristsaver) for Logic users

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Lifesaver (well at least wristsaver) for Logic users

Post by BradleyHagen » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:50 am

Full Disclosure- I am not a Nektar Audio dealer, and have not been sponsored by them either....
I just received this unit on Friday, and worked with it all weekend, and WOW!
Nektar Audio Panorama CS12. https://nektartech.com/panorama-cs12/ I have REALLY bad tendonitis in my wrist, and this is hands down the easiest to use, and most complete control surface I have ever come across. It is designed from the ground up SPECIFICALLY for Logic Pro users, and I cannot recommend it enough.... I am already 80% mouse free, and my workflow is much faster as well. Check it out Logic Peeps! Your wrist will thank you!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

chartzog
Active
Active

Re: Lifesaver (well at least wristsaver) for Logic users

Post by chartzog » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:34 pm

Very cool. Congrats on the Nektar purchase. I have the Nektar Panorama P6 and it integrates really well with Logic. I love the powered fader too. https://nektartech.com/panorama-p4-p6/

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:07 am

Yeah, that is a great unit as well, and I strongly considered that one a few months ago, but heard that this one was going to be out last Fall, and opted to wait (it didn't actually hit the market until about 3 weeks ago!) I am also thinking about the NI Komplete S61 MKIII for my Keyboard/MIDI controller as well. I just never use pads for programming drums any more (although I know you can assign them to other cc tasks) I am a pencil tool kinda guy, which is part of the reason that my wrist has such bad tendonitis!

chartzog
Active
Active

Post by chartzog » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:31 pm

FWIW, I was thinking of buying a separate, simple hardware MIDI controller with just a couple of faders to control modulation and expression. But I wasn't sure what to get and I didn't want to regret spending money. So I turned my iPad into a control surface for this 2 fader purpose using an app called TouchOSC. So far it's working pretty good for me! TouchOSC

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:55 pm

Yeah man, the Logic Control app is pretty powerful as well, but I like the tactile control of this unit alot

chartzog
Active
Active

Post by chartzog » Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:59 pm

Update! I eventually ended up buying a Sparow 4x100mm MIDI controller. The iPad app is nice and does the job, but I decided I wanted a hardware solution that was always wired up and ready to go. Plus the tactile feeling of riding the faders feels so much better than emulating it on an iOS app. Here’s the link to the Sparrow: https://themidimaker.com/products/sparr ... 021491902.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:51 am

One of the first adopters of this...

:lol: Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:23 pm

The Nektar looks really great and if it's built specifically for your DAW then even better as you get way tighter integration. I've had several expensive pieces of music hardware go defunct because they were no longer supported when things changed, so now I will only buy generic controllers that are not DAW specific.

I think the humble mouse and keyboard combo is the greatest DAW controller ever. I've found nothing that's faster and more intuitive for me to jump around my DAW - the shortcuts are hardwired in my brain and my mouse is set to the most sensitive setting so it's not got very far to travel to get from one side of my screens to the other. If anyone else uses my computer they can't control the mouse as its' too fast :lol:

My next favourite thing is the StreamDeck..you might see some well know Youtubers using them including musicians. They are basically an array of programmable buttoms with tiny LED screens and can send all sorts of data including midi , super programmable and well supported as they were designed to control OBS orginally so there's far more users than most DAW gear.

Next is my NoB..a big brass round knob that turns anything on the screen that's under your cursor. It's like the worlds best scroll wheel but much more than that too. Again it's designed to just work like a standard controller for Windows so there's no reason why it can't be used a decade or two from now.

Finally I have some generic CC faders. These are pretty cheap on Ebay. Not motorised or anything but plug and play and they work super well for string libraries etc.