Sign from the Sky (Ambient soundscape instro)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

PeteP

Sign from the Sky (Ambient soundscape instro)

Post by PeteP » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:04 pm

Hi there!

I would appreciate any thoughts on this:

Sign from the Sky

Thank you in advance!

Listing:

Lots of AMBIENT SOUNDSCAPE INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Great Music Licensing Company with lots of Film and TV placements.

This Library is looking for several Instrumentals (and/or Cues) in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Light Breath" by Embers Of Winter

"An Ending (Ascent)" by Brian Eno

"Incipits" by Elviras

"A Meaningful Moment Through a Meaning (less) Process" by Stars of the Lid

Please submit well-crafted Ambient Soundscape Instrumentals and/or Instrumental Cues that help create a relaxing and introspective atmosphere. Your submissions should have modern electronic-based instrumentation that falls in the general ballpark of the examples, and can range from "drone-like" to having subtle melodic movement. Keeping your arrangements on the simpler side could work best for this opportunity, as anything too busy or distracting could take away from the peaceful and tranquil feel needed. Arrangements need gradual movement and a slow progression of new ideas to keep them from sounding monotonous or lifeless. Your productions and any virtual sounds or samples you use should be high-quality and current-sounding.

IMPORTANT: Please do NOT include any sound effects in your music such as animal sounds, waterfalls, wind chimes, raindrops, etc.

Your submissions should be roughly 1.5 minutes long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

Re: Sign from the Sky (Ambient soundscape instro)

Post by JayJayStudios » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:34 am

I think it's great! It is a very good submission that fits the listing. Only thing that they could lie out to your disadvantage (I don't think they will though) is the vocal a like synth.

Apart from that all good. Droney character and moody with legato feeling. Slow chord progression (maybe a bit to fast but maybe not).

Likely a forward I think ;)

Edit: What is up with that abrupt ending?

Also submitted to the listing. Feel free to give me feedback on those two submissions as well :)

https://www.taxi.com/members/y2sIT2nVRF ... t-melodies

https://www.taxi.com/members/y2sIT2nVRF ... -but-happy

PeteP

Re: Sign from the Sky (Ambient soundscape instro)

Post by PeteP » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:06 am

Hi!

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot.
Abrupt ending? Because they always want this: "Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best."
But you are right, I could let "ring out" the reverb tail at least. I think I will do that. Good take from you.

Distant Melodies

Well, the production sounds pro. An immersive mood, drags the listener in. Are there wind chimes? Lets hope those will not bother them. ;)
Nice ending.

Far but happy

Nice slow and flowing melody. Simple and effective. I think this really meets the given criteria.

Nice. I hope you the best.