New Wave Brief- FAIL!

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

New Wave Brief- FAIL!

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:42 pm

LISTING:

A Bunch of '80s-Style SYNTHWAVE/SYNTHPOP SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a big deal, global Music Licensing Company with a very long and impressive list of placements in Film, TV, and Video Games!

This Company is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs in the general wheelhouse of the following examples:

"Hazy" by Thought Beings

"Sunset" by the Midnight

"Silence" by Essenger ft. The Midnight

"On The Run Again" by BLIXX 86

NOTE: You can submit recently recorded/produced Songs in the general style of the references, OR if you have high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear those as well!

Please submit well-crafted Synthwave/Synthpop Songs that capture the retro sound and style of the 1980s! Your submissions should have nostalgic motifs, '80s synthesizers, engaging rhythms, solid arrangements, well-crafted lyrics, and plenty of '80s flair. Synthpop instrumentation that falls in the general ballpark of the examples will work best for this opportunity. Be sure any virtual instruments or samples you use are high quality, era-appropriate, and consistent with the references.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please do not send material for this pitch that has already been signed to other libraries or catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, April 4th, 2024. TAXI # S240404YN

TAXI # S240404YN

Tracks:
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... l-version-
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... ere-to-run
Feedbacks:
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... becTRpu1pg
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... tc4WdkQVLA

I knew going in that this genre was definitely not in my wheelhouse, but gave it a solid try anyway - Overall I think as songs, they are solid tunes, but I took two returns anyway... As always I am looking to grow from this

I have to say....telefunkin was spot on regarding the first track....He told me that it would likely be returned because there isn't enough of a chorus hook, AND that the tempo was too fast (although reference track 4 is the exact same tempo...)..... Well, that is exactly what the screener said! Graham - you seem to be inside their heads man...I wish I had the same insights as you!! lol

The second track "Nowhere to Run" is a little more vague to me....Yes, the guitar solo is not a great fit on this tune, and I was worried about that, but the vocals to me sound very "new wavish" to me....? I kinda did that on purpose, with a bad brit accent. If anyone can shed light on how to sing this stuff a little more convincingly, I am all ears! Once again, kudos to telefunkin...... he told me that the guitar solo might bite me in the a** on this one and he was right!!!....

I guess that any feedback with regards to the difference between "New Wave" and "Synthwave," or any other issues would also be helpful- Thanks!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: New Wave Brief- FAIL!

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:12 am

My rates are going up and I'm thinking of charging extra for Dispatch reviews.
I don't think it'll take over from my day job as an AI music generator though - J/K 8-) .
Sorry you got returned, I hope it was nothing I said :roll:.
My 'insights' come from LOTS of rejections :lol: .
Last edited by Telefunkin on Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Re: New Wave Brief- FAIL!

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:07 am

HaHa!!! Well, you certainly could be a TAXI screener Graham! But don't quit your day job!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com