Can you use non-lyrical vocals in instrumental tracks?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DanL
Active
Active

Re: Can you use non-lyrical vocals in instrumental tracks?

Post by DanL » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:54 am

Casey H wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:02 pm

I agree. In MOST cases, the references rule. That in no way means you don't need to pay close attention to all the words in the listing. They may add additional hints, explanation, requirements, limitations, and lots more. My observation has been that the most successful members load one of the reference tracks into their DAW and do a lot of A/B listens to see how they compare.

:D Casey
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:15 am

I load all of the references into my DAW to A/B
Thank you for your replys! I think this is useful tips for anyone who wants to increase their chances of getting forwards! Especially to load one or more of the references into your DAW.

I think another useful tip is to figure out what tempo the reference tracks have, and to keep the tempo of your submissions within the same tempo range. Because descriptions of tempo in the leads can be quite misleading.

Dan
Daniel Leksell | music for film, TV and games
https://soundcloud.com/daniel-leksell-film-music

macomposer
Active
Active

Post by macomposer » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:44 am

DanL wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:54 am
Casey H wrote:

I agree. In MOST cases, the references rule. That in no way means you don't need to pay close attention to all the words in the listing. They may add additional hints, explanation, requirements, limitations, and lots more. My observation has been that the most successful members load one of the reference tracks into their DAW and do a lot of A/B listens to see how they compare.

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:15 am

I load all of the references into my DAW to A/B
Thank you for your replys! I think this is useful tips for anyone who wants to increase their chances of getting forwards! Especially to load one or more of the references into your DAW.

I think another useful tip is to figure out what tempo the reference tracks have, and to keep the tempo of your submissions within the same tempo range. Because descriptions of tempo in the leads can be quite misleading.

Dan
Totally agree with Dan about the tempo-syncing the references.. I also find the keys too, as certain keys work better in certain genres than others.
Mark Anthony Chubb
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
markanthonychubb.com

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:54 am

Casey H wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:50 am
I know you do. But I was talking about SUCCESSFUL people. :lol: :lol: :P :P (just razzin' ya, of course)
:shock:

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:55 am

macomposer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:44 am
Totally agree with Dan about the tempo-syncing the references.. I also find the keys too, as certain keys work better in certain genres than others.
Yeah , I rip all the refs then drop them into DeCoda whic tells me key, tempo & shows the chords...then you can triangulate easier

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

Post by JayJayStudios » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:45 pm

Casey H wrote:
JayJayStudios wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:25 pm
For me it makes sense to follow the references more. Because most people got a good understanding of what it should sound like but they can't put it into words.

Great advice, thanks Casey ;) :)

DanL
Active
Active

Post by DanL » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:33 pm

More of a general question: I have tried to find some forum threads with tips on how to get more forwards. With tips like the ones we've discussed in this thread, but I'm having a hard time finding much about it. Maybe I'm just bad at doing searches. :roll:

I found this thread (but not that much more):

Dramatic increase of forwards
post592088.html?hilit=increase%20forwards#p592088

Do you know of any significant threads dealing with this subject?
Daniel Leksell | music for film, TV and games
https://soundcloud.com/daniel-leksell-film-music

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 am

Watch Taxi TV! Its there, its free, it covers every subject associated with Taxi and sync, its explained in easy terms, and all the old episodes are still there to catch up on (tons of them).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.