New features for TAXI thoughts

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Re: New features for TAXI thoughts

Post by BradleyHagen » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:50 pm

Casey H wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:13 pm

PS Many of us work with music libraries, sync agents, etc. who only give you a Yes/No answer. You never know why. At least with Taxi you get an explanation, whether or not you agree with it.
Well, yeah that is true!!!!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:44 pm

Yep, like Casey said (I tend to always agree with Casey!), the suggestion about re-screening tracks has been made hundreds - maybe thousands of times - over the course of Taxi's lifetime. And Michael has discussed the impossibility ad nauseam on Taxi TV. So, like Casey said, I would think twice about offering business-altering "advice" to a company that's been around 30 years, when you've only been part of the ride for 6 months :lol:

Now, as to this:
BradleyHagen wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:26 am
I mean, if a return is over a missing chorus hook? I would go back into my studio and fix it in about 2 hours...DONE! Production issues? Easy Peasy! Length of track? 5 minute fix....You see where I am going with this....
If it's that quick and easy for you to fix these things, just do them on your original submission.

~~Matt

boinkeee2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by boinkeee2000 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:08 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:50 pm
Casey H wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:13 pm

PS Many of us work with music libraries, sync agents, etc. who only give you a Yes/No answer. You never know why. At least with Taxi you get an explanation, whether or not you agree with it.
Well, yeah that is true!!!!
ime 50/50...if its a personal request they'll work with you, if a standard callout/brief to their composer stable they will grant revision if its 90% on target and/or if you've established as one of their go-to guys. and yes the rest is basically an approve/rejected email or msg in their portal. keep in mind there's also rejections where everything is on point but you just didnt make the cut (i.e. the other subs were just better than yours) . . . you'll exhaust yourself trying to make sense of it all, best to move on as you will encounter this in every level of advancement you make..

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:42 am

VanderBoegh wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:44 pm
I tend to always agree with Casey!
And THIS is why you are so successful!! :lol: :lol:

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:51 am

VanderBoegh wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:44 pm
Yep, like Casey said (I tend to always agree with Casey!), the suggestion about re-screening tracks has been made hundreds - maybe thousands of times - over the course of Taxi's lifetime. And Michael has discussed the impossibility ad nauseam on Taxi TV. So, like Casey said, I would think twice about offering business-altering "advice" to a company that's been around 30 years, when you've only been part of the ride for 6 months :lol:

Thank you for your response Matt-
Well, I have run my own business for 25 years now, so do I simply NOT listen to my customers? Ignore their ideas? Or maybe only listen to their ideas if they have purchased from me for 10 years? 15 years? These are only ideas.... suggestions.. And I thought that this was the forum for all of that...nobody is trying to dictate to TAXI to change their business model here!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com