Help me!

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Help me!

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:01 pm

A little late to this but....
I really liked it.... I GUESS the Chorus lyrics are a bit repetitive like Mark said, and perhaps lack melody? But hey man...it's punk rock right?? From my own experience submitting stuff in this genre, it is extremely difficult to gauge what they are looking for... If it's too "clean" or "melodic" ? it isn't "punk enough" if it is too "raw" "the production isn't there"...Not to throw shade on the screeners, but this is a tough one to be sure. Personally though, I enjoyed the track!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:12 am

BradleyHagen wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:01 pm
I really liked it.... I GUESS the Chorus lyrics are a bit repetitive like Mark said, and perhaps lack melody? But hey man...it's punk rock right?? From my own experience submitting stuff in this genre, it is extremely difficult to gauge what they are looking for... If it's too "clean" or "melodic" ? it isn't "punk enough" if it is too "raw" "the production isn't there"...Not to throw shade on the screeners, but this is a tough one to be sure. Personally though, I enjoyed the track!
Sure mate, the fine line between Pop and Punk make things difficult for us!
Anyway, I'm working on a different lyrics and melody for the chorus.
Thanks!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 am

WSAO wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:12 am
BradleyHagen wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:01 pm
Sure mate, the fine line between Pop and Punk make things difficult for us!
Anyway, I'm working on a different lyrics and melody for the chorus.
Thanks!
That's cool! I REALLY need to take a week or two and do the same with some of my tracks that were close, but didn't make the cut in order to be ready for the next one!
I hear ya on the pop/punk/power punk/power pop lines...they are VERY blurry!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com