Torque by waves

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ShaunS
Active
Active

Torque by waves

Post by ShaunS » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:57 am

Hi everyone.
I'm currently using PreSonus Studio One, and for my drums sounds mainly Impact.
Does anyone here use the drum enhancer plug in - 'torque' by waves. it looks quite good and was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on it.
Shaun S

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Torque by waves

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:43 pm

I bought it years ago, but I'm not sure if I every used it, lol. I have a bad habit of buying discounted plugins when they're like $30, then forgetting about them.

~~Matt

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:46 pm

VanderBoegh wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:43 pm
I bought it years ago, but I'm not sure if I every used it, lol. I have a bad habit of buying discounted plugins when they're like $30, then forgetting about them.

~~Matt
Same

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:21 pm

I'm also in the 'me too' camp. As with just about everything, it depends what you want and how you work. If you're working on your own tracks with midi drums it can be just as easy to find another kick that's in tune. If you're working on someone else's recordings and its vital to correct the kick tuning then it could get you out of a hole. On the very few occasions I've tried it I'd say I've been happy with only about half of the results, but some of that could be user error 8-). All I would say is don't expect miracles, but if you get it cheap on offer I suppose even one success might make it worth the price.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

RPaul
Impressive
Impressive

Post by RPaul » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:59 pm

Like others who've replied, I have Torque -- I think I got it in one of those deals where you buy some number of plugins and they give you some additional "free" ones from a predetermined list, probably at a point where I already had most of the plugins I wanted from that list (beyond Waves Diamond, their Abbey Road and Nx collections, and all their signature series collections, I've accumulated a number of others that came out the seemed interesting for one reason or another, but I've always resisted the temptation to upgrade to Mercury because what's left largely is stuff I wouldn't be likely to use), so had to chose from what was left. :) -- but I'm not positive if I've ever tried Torque. I think odds are I did at some point, but not for the tuning application they mentioned in today's (or was it yesterday's?) mailer, but rather for just trying to beef up a sound. Then again, maybe it was Submarine I tried, or very likely both as I do tend to experiment when I'm trying to find a way to solve a mix problem where I'm not sure exactly what will be needed.

If you're dealing with acoustic drums or pre-mixed full drum kit loops, I can see where the tuning thing could be useful. But it could also be useful for beefing up, or thinning out a sound I'd guess. However, what I really wanted to suggest here is that I'm pretty sure Waves provides some kind of limited trial option for their plugins. Thus, I'd think it should be possible to just install Torque (or any other plugin) in demo mode and see if it is helpful for your application(s).

ShaunS
Active
Active

Post by ShaunS » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 am

thanks, to all of you for the replies. appreciated.
yep, I think I'm starting to get the drift. Sure you can get it, use it etc.,, but in reality, you probably don't really need it.
There seems to be a million plug ins,
how much of it do we really need.
if your composition is solid, not much.
if it isn't, then nothing is going to make that much difference.
Cheers
ShaunS