"Creep" Trailerized Cover forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

"Creep" Trailerized Cover forward

Post by VanderBoegh » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 pm

One of my new favorite co-writers and I got a forward for our version of the old Radiohead classic "Creep" for this listing:

RE-IMAGINED TRAILER-STYLE COVERS of the Song "Creep" by Radiohead are needed by an EXCLUSIVE, LA-based Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for Movie Trailers, TV, Films, and Video Games.

This Company is looking for a wide-range of trailer-style covers of the following Song:

"Creep" by Radiohead

Please submit well-crafted Trailer-Style Covers of the Song "Creep" that give a re-imagined spin to the original! Your submissions should have a captivating, cinematic sound, and excellent arrangements full of dynamics, forward motion, and interest throughout. Orchestral or Hybrid/Orchestral instrumentation in the general style of major motion picture movie trailers will work best – think Orchestral, OR a mix of Orchestral, Electronic, Hip-Hop, Sound Design, and/or Rock elements, etc. Whichever approach you decide to take, your production should be solid and any virtual instruments or samples you use should be cutting-edge and high-quality. Engaging, well-performed vocals with a cinematic spin could seal the deal. Male or Female vocals could both work!

NOTE: Most times, trailer-style Covers of well-known Songs work best when the instrumentation brings in a different emotion than the original. Feel free to get creative with the emotional context of your track, but we strongly recommend sticking as close as possible to the original melodies and lyrics of the Song so it's instantly recognizable to listeners.

TAXI Tip: Don't be afraid to layer up your instrumentation and sound design elements to get that epic, blockbuster sound and feel!

Here's our version:
https://www.taxi.com/members/7viQN3GiTS ... -karkenny-

~~Matt

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Creep" Trailerized Cover forward

Post by superkons » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:33 am

Whoa, nice one, you 2!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:58 pm

Epic!!
Congratulation!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:46 am

Nice !

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:36 pm

Cool and Powerful!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:11 pm

Super! The arrangement is spot on, almost like the song was written with your treatment in mind!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 am

Yes, great job Matt!
Best version since Lukas Rossi.
Last edited by Telefunkin on Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 am

VanderBoegh wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 pm
One of my new favorite co-writers and I got a forward for our version of the old Radiohead classic "Creep" for this listing:

RE-IMAGINED TRAILER-STYLE COVERS of the Song "Creep" by Radiohead are needed by an EXCLUSIVE, LA-based Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for Movie Trailers, TV, Films, and Video Games.

This Company is looking for a wide-range of trailer-style covers of the following Song:

"Creep" by Radiohead

Please submit well-crafted Trailer-Style Covers of the Song "Creep" that give a re-imagined spin to the original! Your submissions should have a captivating, cinematic sound, and excellent arrangements full of dynamics, forward motion, and interest throughout. Orchestral or Hybrid/Orchestral instrumentation in the general style of major motion picture movie trailers will work best – think Orchestral, OR a mix of Orchestral, Electronic, Hip-Hop, Sound Design, and/or Rock elements, etc. Whichever approach you decide to take, your production should be solid and any virtual instruments or samples you use should be cutting-edge and high-quality. Engaging, well-performed vocals with a cinematic spin could seal the deal. Male or Female vocals could both work!

NOTE: Most times, trailer-style Covers of well-known Songs work best when the instrumentation brings in a different emotion than the original. Feel free to get creative with the emotional context of your track, but we strongly recommend sticking as close as possible to the original melodies and lyrics of the Song so it's instantly recognizable to listeners.

TAXI Tip: Don't be afraid to layer up your instrumentation and sound design elements to get that epic, blockbuster sound and feel!

Here's our version:
https://www.taxi.com/members/7viQN3GiTS ... -karkenny-

~~Matt
A few pointers if I may Matt-
1.) Her voice needs an EQ cut of about .7 db at around 4K, and a band pass at around 400...
2.) I would also put a multiband compressor on the bells at around 1:22 to tame some of the mids
3.) Are you side chaining the De Esser? Or just inserting it on the vocal channel?? You may want to try the former...
4.) I would also speed up the tempo - It doesnt quite capture that "developmental arc" at the tempo that it is at currently

*******JUST KIDDING!!!!!! ******

I love it, one of my favorite all time bands, and this is a GREAT piece man! CONGRATS!!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 pm

Gwen is a pure gem and I was actually thinking reaching out for this listing :) congrats on the forward both of you.. love the arrangement
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:46 am

Thanks everyone for the nice messages! I'll keep the forums posted on anything that comes from this.

~~Matt