We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pwaara
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Feedback for Dreamy 80s Alt Song

Post by pwaara » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm

Aloha everyone,

I'm looking for feedback on the linked song for the following Taxi listing. It's always nice to get several pairs of ears on it before submitting and this time I actually finished the track with a few moments to spare :P . Here's the link followed by the listing. I look forward to your feedback.

https://s.disco.ac/eyubutiggszz

DREAMY '80s-Style ALTERNATIVE ROCK SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for an (up to) $150, Direct-to-Film Producer placement in an upcoming Independent Feature Film that's currently in post-production!

Note: You'll get 100% of the sync fee, and keep 100% of your publishing and master rights. No publishing splits.

This Film's Producer is looking for Mid-Tempo Songs with Male vocals that could work as a replacement for "Just Like Honey" by The Jesus And Mary Chain, which is currently temped in:

"Just Like Honey" by The Jesus And Mary Chain

They're NOT looking for clones or soundalikes! Similar tempo, style, and overall vibe? Yes. Clones? No!

IMPORTANT: Because the scene is already edited, matching (or being close to) the tempo of the reference is strongly recommended.

Please submit Alternative Rock Songs with a throwback '80s sound and a dreamy, ethereal vibe. Your submissions should have catchy melodies, engaging rhythms, memorable hooks, solid arrangements, plenty of '80s-flavored production techniques, and well-crafted lyrics. Instrumentation that's in the general wheelhouse of the reference Song will work best for this opportunity (think overdriven electric guitars drenched in reverb, drums, bass, synth, etc.). Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and era-appropriate. Well-performed and expressive Male vocals are needed.

pwaara
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Feedback for Dreamy 80s Alt Song

Post by pwaara » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

I just posted an updated mix in case anyone is interested. Same link as above.

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:09 am

Hi mate,
sounds really good the only problem is that sounds too similar to the original in the beginning (drum pattern is basically the same) and chord progression not too far) but hey, I think is better than the reference :D
Well done!

pwaara
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by pwaara » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 pm

WSAO wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:09 am
Hi mate,
sounds really good the only problem is that sounds too similar to the original in the beginning (drum pattern is basically the same) and chord progression not too far) but hey, I think is better than the reference :D
Well done!
Thanks for the feedback and kind words. Interestingly, I had written this as a cue before the J&MC listing came out. The only thing I really changed was I added the bridge and lyrics. When I saw the listing I thought, "I've got just the thing for this!" I may add a fade-in with the guitar over the intro drums. We'll see. I've got a couple of days to think about it.