BE MY A&R?!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ddensmore1

BE MY A&R?!

Post by ddensmore1 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:05 pm

Hi guys! I’ve been apart of Taxi music for two years but I’m new to the forum.
I was wondering if you guys could have a listen to my track that I’m submitting to this listing
I previously submitted it to to a different listening similar to this one. The feed back was the chorus wasn’t strong enough. I’ve made the adjustments to the chorus but now I’m wondering are the changes enough? Does this match with the references? Would you forward this? Thank you so much for your feedback! Hope to hear from you soon 😊

MAINSTREAM DANCE/POP ARTISTS or BANDS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a promising new Record Label started by two highly experienced industry veterans with impressive track records!

Please listen to the following references we got directly from the label to get an idea of what could get this company excited.

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"Training Season" by Dua Lipa

"Distance & Drugs" by Broods

"favorite" by Isabel LaRosa

Please submit Pop Songs with tons of mainstream appeal, Top 40 potential, and a danceable, infectious sound and energy! Your submissions should have catchy melodies, danceable grooves, memorable choruses, solid arrangements, modern Pop motifs, and well-written lyrics. Modern Pop instrumentation that's in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the reference Songs will work best. Be sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated-sounding. Vocal performances should be expressive and compelling!

Your productions and recording quality need to be clean, clear, well-balanced, and good enough to represent your Songs well. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tone, texture, and overall vibe.

Please submit as many Songs as you'd like, online or per CD, and please include lyrics, a photo, and a bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI A&R Team Member who has a strong relationship with the Client. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, May 12th, 2024. TAXI # S240512DC

Link to the song here https://www.taxi.com/members/SWO3B279SW ... rcissistic

Link to the references

https://youtu.be/ZjBZ8MUnB0E?si=XRHoOiVF2oG9F7vY

https://youtu.be/qeFRPU1RX0Q?si=MB-LBm61OTDIT1AB

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: BE MY A&R?!

Post by Telefunkin » Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 am

Sorry, can't hear your song, its the ever recurring 404 error yet again. There are more responses on these forums saying 'link not working' than anything else, so you're not alone :roll: :lol: .

Tracks in your account (that you're logged into but the rest of us are not) must be made public to enable others to access them. After doing that, if you log out AND clear your browser cache, then try clicking on your link to see whether it work. If it does then others should be able to follow it too, but if not there's still something that's not set right.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 am
Sorry, can't hear your song, its the ever recurring 404 error yet again.
But the good news is the 404 error ensures you will get no negative feedback. :lol:

ddensmore1

Post by ddensmore1 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Sorry, can't hear your song, its the ever recurring 404 error yet again. There are more responses on these forums saying 'link not working' than anything else, so you're not alone :roll: :lol: .

Tracks in your account (that you're logged into but the rest of us are not) must be made public to enable others to access them. After doing that, if you log out AND clear your browser cache, then try clicking on your link to see whether it work. If it does then others should be able to follow it too, but if not there's still something that's not set right.
😂😂😂 sorry! You can tell I’m a newbie it’s set to public now! Have a listen?! 🤣

ddensmore1

Post by ddensmore1 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:57 am

Casey H wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 am
Telefunkin wrote:
Sorry, can't hear your song, its the ever recurring 404 error yet again.
But the good news is the 404 error ensures you will get no negative feedback. :lol:
Right?! 🤣😭 I’m really putting myself out there with this one! Please give it a listen, I’m just set it to public.

macomposer
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by macomposer » Sun May 05, 2024 1:44 pm

So I gave it a listen.

It's good!! Very nice work!

Here are some thoughts I had while listening:
- it seems to be one or two bpm too slow.. I just felt that it could a touch faster to give it a bit more urgency and momentum
- I think the chorus is good; I think it works, but maybe it needs some ear candy production finesse... this is tricky because the answer isn't just to add this phaser or chorus or whatever, you have to find it, and that's the tricky part. I think all the parts are there - maybe it just needs a slightly different production treatment
- I know nothing about lyrics so I'll leave that for others - nothing hit me as really wrong or out of place in terms of the lyrics, but that's all I know
- the fact that it's compound meter is cool, heard it in the intro, but it took a minute for me to hear it in the verse..

Yeah, on second listen, it's really good and really close... maybe increase the tempo by a BPM or two and see how the energy is (hopefully, that won't too difficult with the recorded parts..)

I wish you the best with it.
- Mark
Mark Anthony Chubb
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
markanthonychubb.com

ddensmore1

Post by ddensmore1 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:54 pm

Thanks Mark!! 😊😊 I’m totally receptive to that feedback!

ddensmore1

Post by ddensmore1 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:56 pm

Would you forward this 👀

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker66 » Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 pm

Hi I am the old guy here..75...and not very smart. I don't think the intro works very well. I tap my foot with it and keep tapping that bpm but when the vox starts, the sync is off. Your voice is very welcoming. Me likes. At 44 sec the vox clarity vanishes as the background takes front and center vs your cool voice. Great potential here. good luck and nice to meet you.
sincerely Paul
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

ddensmore1

Post by ddensmore1 » Sun May 05, 2024 7:48 pm

You’re young! And you have very wise advice 🤭 thanks a ton! God bless!