Spaghetti Western Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Spaghetti Western Forward

Post by edmondredd » Thu May 02, 2024 12:14 pm

Really nice piece of music Andrew!
Congrats on the forward!
Mine got returned, and still trying to figure out what went wrong with it :)
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

RiffKitten
Active
Active

Post by RiffKitten » Sat May 04, 2024 7:33 am

Hey Edmond,

Thanks for your kind words!

I can echo your frustrations with getting a return on a track that I (initially) felt confident with, though. Most times, I can see the screener's point after some reflection, but I've had two or three rejections that made me scratch my head completely. The hardest was a hybrid orchestral trailer piece that I put SO much into, just to get it returned for having too many electronics compared to acoustic elements. But the brief specified 'hybrid!' :lol:

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Tue May 07, 2024 11:20 am

RiffKitten wrote: ↑
Sat May 04, 2024 7:33 am
The hardest was a hybrid orchestral trailer piece that I put SO much into, just to get it returned for having too many electronics compared to acoustic elements. But the brief specified 'hybrid!' :lol:
Not intending to change the thread's subject, but I'm curious to have a listen to it, if you don't mind sharing the link to that specific piece?
Thanks
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

joesarahh

Post by joesarahh » Wed May 08, 2024 4:01 pm

Wow, I loved that track, fantastic stuff, I assume it will get signed.

RiffKitten
Active
Active

Post by RiffKitten » Fri May 10, 2024 12:24 pm

edmondredd wrote: ↑
Tue May 07, 2024 11:20 am
Sat May 04, 2024 7:33 am
The hardest was a hybrid orchestral trailer piece that I put SO much into, just to get it returned for having too many electronics compared to acoustic elements. But the brief specified 'hybrid!' :lol:
Not intending to change the thread's subject, but I'm curious to have a listen to it, if you don't mind sharing the link to that specific piece?
Thanks
Of course, here it is:

https://www.taxi.com/members/Y5pvjOVZR2 ... tice-maker

I'm sure it needs some improvements, but I was proud as it was one of the few trailer pieces that I've ever made..

RiffKitten
Active
Active

Post by RiffKitten » Fri May 10, 2024 12:26 pm

joesarahh wrote: ↑
Wed May 08, 2024 4:01 pm
Wow, I loved that track, fantastic stuff, I assume it will get signed.
Thank you! πŸ™

Signed now with a sync agent - fingers crossed that it gets placed 🀞

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 am

Fri May 10, 2024 12:24 pm

Of course, here it is:

https://www.taxi.com/members/Y5pvjOVZR2 ... tice-maker

I'm sure it needs some improvements, but I was proud as it was one of the few trailer pieces that I've ever made..
Really interesting track! I suppose the pulsating synth towards the end is too present I suppose! awesome track nonetheless!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

Deva

Post by Deva » Fri May 24, 2024 12:27 pm

Very cool!
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 am
Hey all!

After being in a rut of returns lately, yesterday I had my 'favorite' forward. I've written stuff for TAXI before that I'd felt really good about, only to feel blindsided by a return with advice that I hadn't considered (almost always helpful/constructive advice). For this request, I felt 100% good about the track that I created, but didn't get my hopes up too high due to past experiences.

It was a forward! And of all the tracks that I've made for TAXI listings, I'm extra pleased that this one made it through. I've always loved Western film soundtracks and had a blast making this one.

If anyone wants to hear it: https://www.taxi.com/members/Y5pvjOVZR2 ... ie-s-pride

I'm also curious to hear from some other TAXI members - do you lower your expectations for TAXI submissions? Do you gradually get more confident in your submissions as you learn to better hone in on what's needed? Maybe that's a silly questions, but I'm still in a place where I'm sometimes surprised what gets rejected and what makes it through.

Lots of SPAGHETTI WESTERN INSTRUMENTALS are needed URGENTLY by a very active and fast-growing Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for BIG TV Commercials.

This client is looking for Instrumentals in the general stylistic range of the following examples, which we got directly from the client:

"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Ennio Morricone

"The Grand Duel - Parte prima" by Luis Bacalov

"A Fistful Of Dollars" by Ennio Morricone

"Main Theme From The Magnificent Seven" by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

Please submit well-composed Instrumentals that capture the classic sound of Spaghetti Western movies! Captivating "Old West" motifs, galloping rhythms, and solid arrangements with plenty of dynamics, interest, and forward momentum are all needed for this request. Typical Spaghetti Western instrumentation that falls in the general wheelhouse of the references will work best for this opportunity – think strings, brass, twangy electric guitars, harmonica, whistling, etc. Get creative and have a lot of fun with this listing. Your productions need to be solid, and any virtual instruments or samples you use need to be high-quality and realistic sounding.

Your Instrumentals should be 2.5 to 3 minutes in length (give or take), give or take. Non-faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this request. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
Deva (Jai guru Deva om)