Do you have a video?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Do you have a video?

Post by brennanhester » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:02 am

Hi all, I thought this might be fun.Do you have any music videos of old bands you were in, or self-made stuff from iMovie or the like?Seems like it would be fun to see each other in action, yes?For example, here's a horrid copy of a video I made with my band long ago (early 90's) at Coney Island. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TA3eGhBKjgWe hired a bum to pretend to play the squeeze box. The real accordian part was played in the studio by David Hidalgo from Los Lobos...for a 6 pack of Budweiser!I'm the dorky lead singer, and no, I have no idea why there's a polar bear in the video.

grannyflats

Re: Do you have a video?

Post by grannyflats » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:08 pm

We're recording our first official video October 20. We have a friend who has a friend..... who has access to the new Red One HD cameras and wants to try it out on us. I'll post it when it's done. I do have a goofy one we did a few weeks ago for another friend. He entered a Heinz 57- 30 second commercial contest. This was an afternoon project in the backyard. Mimi - our composer/lead singer is the fairy. Teft, our composer/producer is the waiter on the left. I remain the invisible lyricist. The rest are friends of the kids. It's silly but was a lot of fun.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-YHiKHPCVkAlso - would appreciate a vote on what song to video if anyone is interested and has the time. We have to come up with a concept fast. Warning - it's nothing similar to the above video.Songs in contention are:Fairy TaleMoon Crazy orShake your fantasylocation: http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... stID=11213

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by brennanhester » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:13 am

I vote Fairy Tale.

grannyflats

Post by grannyflats » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:29 pm

Thanks for the review and vote. I've been getting that one from others too. The song actually got nominated for a best song award in Toronto, and dance hits album from a London label. Now, where do we find your polar bear and can it double as a big bad wolf? It's a different game being the artist as well as songwriter as my musician partners are finding out. We did straight songwriting for about four years before deciding they should change to being the artists this year. The need for videos, promos, live performing, etc. gets a little overwhelming for the DIY artist. We'd probably never get a video done if it weren't for a friend doing it free. I do wonder how many folks on the forum perform as well as write and get into doing videos, tours etc., and any advice on that subject.judy

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by brennanhester » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:25 am

Here's one I made in iMovie last week:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxa1uFYZ0HE

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Post by clonsberry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:36 am

Quote:Here's one I made in iMovie last week:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxa1uFYZ0HEWow. I like the video but I LOVE the song!

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by brennanhester » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:02 am

Well, golly...thanks!What kind of listing do you think I would submit that song to?I'm afraid I'm quite bad at that.

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Post by clonsberry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:24 am

Quote:Well, golly...thanks!What kind of listing do you think I would submit that song to?I'm afraid I'm quite bad at that.Oof. I don't really know either. I'm still learning that piece as well. Rock? I would think so. A/C? Maybe. Definitely Film/TV.. I can see CSI scenes in front of it.. Crossing Jordan.. any of those night time dramas (where I tend to find most of my new favorite music. This song would be one of those easily). I guess, ultimately, it would depend on the 'a la'.

rick
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:14 am

Hey this is a kool idea.Really like your tune.I think it can be pitched rock or pop/rock.If you pitch it for film and tv it would also work for pop and a/c.

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by brennanhester » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:27 pm

Thanks guys.I don't see any in this latest round of listings that look good for it, but I'll bet one will show up sometime!