Broadjam Problems

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

broadjammatt

Re: Broadjam Problems

Post by broadjammatt » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:41 am

Quote:Great to hear that Matt.I know where you're coming from when you mention about securing. Tightening security has an unnerving habit of presenting further issues.Just ask Microsoft Speaking in general computer science terms (and perhaps just in general), security is always going to be at odds with reliability and usability to some degree. This is what makes DRM such an interesting topic. But one for another time and another thread, no doubt.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:10 am

Dear Mr Broadjam,I am glad you are fixing your problems because if there was an alternative to your company as far as Taxi is concerned I would be using it because of your appalling level of service recently ANDWhy is it we have to wait an "activation" period and other "FREE" companies are immediate.

broadjammatt

Post by broadjammatt » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:06 am

Quote:Dear Mr Broadjam,I am glad you are fixing your problems because if there was an alternative to your company as far as Taxi is concerned I would be using it because of your appalling level of service recently ANDWhy is it we have to wait an "activation" period and other "FREE" companies are immediate.johnny, You can just call me Matt - although Mr. Broadjam isn't too bad.If you could PM me I'd like to get more information from you on our level of service. Just send me your email and I'll get back to you directly.As for the encoding times - I promise that the are going away really soon. You will be the first to know. We've recently put new encoding servers that will allow us to all encoding much more quickly and efficiently. You've asked the right question at the right time.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Quote:Dear Mr Broadjam,I am glad you are fixing your problems because if there was an alternative to your company as far as Taxi is concerned I would be using it because of your appalling level of service recently ANDWhy is it we have to wait an "activation" period and other "FREE" companies are immediate.JohnnyAre you a Broadjam member? What's your BJ name? Casey

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:12 pm

Quote:Dear Mr Broadjam,I am glad you are fixing your problems because if there was an alternative to your company as far as Taxi is concerned I would be using it because of your appalling level of service recently ANDWhy is it we have to wait an "activation" period and other "FREE" companies are immediate.as if JD is ever going to divulge his identity!I uploaded a song to broadjam tonite and it was available within an hour. So on behalf of us Taxi members, thank you, JD, and Broadjam.steve

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:44 am

Quote:Quote:Dear Mr Broadjam,I am glad you are fixing your problems because if there was an alternative to your company as far as Taxi is concerned I would be using it because of your appalling level of service recently ANDWhy is it we have to wait an "activation" period and other "FREE" companies are immediate.as if JD is ever going to divulge his identity!I uploaded a song to broadjam tonite and it was available within an hour. So on behalf of us Taxi members, thank you, JD, and Broadjam.steveThanx Steve,''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''but try uploading tommorrow!!!!!!!!

broadjammatt

Post by broadjammatt » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:05 am

Quote:I uploaded a song to broadjam tonite and it was available within an hour. So on behalf of us Taxi members, thank you, JD, and Broadjam.steveWell Steve, you caught me. I promised to let everyone know here first - but you figured it out ahead of time. I had quietly rolled out the new encoding process because we were testing it to make sure that there are no unexpected problems. In fact you'll notice that the text on the site has not even changed yet. But under the hood, all songs are now being encoded and uploaded as quickly as possible based on membership level. For example, once all Primo MoB members' songs are completed then the machine moves onto Pro MoB songs and so on.The new machine has been performing wonderfully, getting songs done in less than a minute, so there is often not even a queue of songs waiting to be done. Given that everything has been smooth so far it is very unlikely that we will be rolling this back. Instead it will become a permanent change on the site. An official announcement should be coming out soon.Matt

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:46 pm

broadjammatt,I'm just going to assume you're going to keep checking in. It's great that I can upload songs faster, but why will I keep spending money on Broadjam, if Taxi's willing to host my songs for free?I spent $5 on a delivery. Where did my money go? The broadjam black hole?When I spend money on a taxi submission, you guys send me reciepts. I also realized, all the knowledge I have acquired about placing songs, has been a direct result of this TAXI forum. If you guys are actually going to go after Taxi's business(and accept our $$), I think you ought to start getting a lot more specific about your listings. No due date, no screeners, how the hell do I know my song even got sent anywhere? Then how do I found out if someone's going to use it? you got a lot of explaining to do.Please begin, here, by posting where I can learn more about your plans. Then start updating your home web page to include WAY more information about how YOUR new service is going to work, before I part with another dime. I'm already feeling rooked. I'll be way more friendly when I learn more about how you plan to operate.steve

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:53 am

Quote:broadjammatt,I'm just going to assume you're going to keep checking in. It's great that I can upload songs faster, but why will I keep spending money on Broadjam, if Taxi's willing to host my songs for free?I spent $5 on a delivery. Where did my money go? The broadjam black hole?When I spend money on a taxi submission, you guys send me reciepts. I also realized, all the knowledge I have acquired about placing songs, has been a direct result of this TAXI forum. If you guys are actually going to go after Taxi's business(and accept our $$), I think you ought to start getting a lot more specific about your listings. No due date, no screeners, how the hell do I know my song even got sent anywhere? Then how do I found out if someone's going to use it? you got a lot of explaining to do.Please begin, here, by posting where I can learn more about your plans. Then start updating your home web page to include WAY more information about how YOUR new service is going to work, before I part with another dime. I'm already feeling rooked. I'll be way more friendly when I learn more about how you plan to operate.steveSteve,I'm impressed!!!Your obnoxious side is comming to the fore,and long may it reign!!!! for the sake of our Taxi bretheren/sss < just for the PC among us.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:14 am

Quote:broadjammatt,I'm just going to assume you're going to keep checking in. It's great that I can upload songs faster, but why will I keep spending money on Broadjam, if Taxi's willing to host my songs for free?I spent $5 on a delivery. Where did my money go? The broadjam black hole?When I spend money on a taxi submission, you guys send me reciepts. I also realized, all the knowledge I have acquired about placing songs, has been a direct result of this TAXI forum. If you guys are actually going to go after Taxi's business(and accept our $$), I think you ought to start getting a lot more specific about your listings. No due date, no screeners, how the hell do I know my song even got sent anywhere? Then how do I found out if someone's going to use it? you got a lot of explaining to do.Please begin, here, by posting where I can learn more about your plans. Then start updating your home web page to include WAY more information about how YOUR new service is going to work, before I part with another dime. I'm already feeling rooked. I'll be way more friendly when I learn more about how you plan to operate.steveI've made transactions with broadjam many times including some recent submissions to their delivery service. Each time I got a receipt. Your not getting one, I'm sure is an anomaly. I hope you contacted their customer service to see what happened. It could have been an administrative error on their end, a problem with your email, or even a receipt getting filtered by a spam filter. I don't think it's fair to assume it's because of some shady business practice.I agree with you that long encoding delays was an issue with broadjam and they should have addressed this a long time ago. And they need to establish more value for the membership outside of being TAXI's submission service. People will pay when they perceive value. So it comes down to whether or not their other offerings such as web hosting, deliveries etc. are worth it to people.I am not saying broadjam, TAXI, or any other service is better than another. But there are dozens of places that accept music submissions for fee without screeners. They are not ALL crooks. In fact, I just got a deal because of one places (not broadjam). I said before that there are pros and cons to all business models. TAXI's strong screening process gives them access to a higher caliber of listings and they give feedback. It's a solid business model. But let's not trash something else just because it is not TAXI.I don't know why broadjam didn't promote this new feature. My guess it's for the same reason TAXI is treading carefully. The two companies obviously have some issues to work out. Maybe broadjam wanted to wait until the memberships of all users of the TAXI/Broadjam service expired due to legal issues.If you want to ask them what happens with your submissions why (the hell) do you post that here? I'm sure they will not come on board and do anything promotional. (Matt only posted about the encoding issue). Simply, send an email to their customer service! This is no different than when folks post here their complaints about TAXI but don't contact their customer service.I have complete respect for TAXI and am very supportive of them. But everything else in the universe is not necessarily evil.Casey