Hi Everyone

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

orionsongs

Hi Everyone

Post by orionsongs » Tue May 08, 2007 10:09 am

Hello peopleJust thought I would introduce myself as I am new here, not new to Taxi though as I was a member 2 years ago and am in the process of rejoining once the finances are smiling. Great to meet you all and look forward to some interesting conversations and hearing lots of good music.HugsPete

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by davewalton » Tue May 08, 2007 10:56 am

Quote:Hello peopleJust thought I would introduce myself as I am new here, not new to Taxi though as I was a member 2 years ago and am in the process of rejoining once the finances are smiling. Great to meet you all and look forward to some interesting conversations and hearing lots of good music.HugsPeteAs Hummingbird once stated... "We're sometimes kind of a disfunctional family" but you're guaranteed lots of good music and the conversations can sure be, um... interesting. Really, we're a fun bunch. There's also an amazing amount of insight here. I learn something new almost every day. Welcome aboard,Dave

zink
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zink » Tue May 08, 2007 11:02 am

Welcome PeteZ

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Post by oneeyewillie » Tue May 08, 2007 11:24 am

Hoots PeteHow ye being?Long time no talk...Auld OEW

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue May 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Quote:Hello peopleJust thought I would introduce myself as I am new here, not new to Taxi though as I was a member 2 years ago and am in the process of rejoining once the finances are smiling. Great to meet you all and look forward to some interesting conversations and hearing lots of good music.HugsPeteHey Pete!How are you? Your ol' friend, Casey

orionsongs

Post by orionsongs » Tue May 08, 2007 9:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome and good to see a few recognisables, looks like I'm in good company. Hiya Willie, how you doing? it has been a while and Casey, we must stop bumping into each other like this. Hope you guys are all well and working hard at your craft ;-)HugsPete

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 am

Welcome Pete. Just a few questions about who you REALLY are...Are you religious, or not? For Bush, or against? Do you like Cherry Garcia ice cream, or vanilla? City or Country kinda guy? Auburn, or Alababma? Fan of global warming, or agin it? Are you Hip-Hop, rock, country, pop, folk, world, swing, or polka? Was "Sgt Peppers" a great album, or crap?Come on man.... as Pink Floyd once said, "You must answer the questions, how can we judge you if you don't answer the questions?" ..... or something like that.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed May 09, 2007 2:44 am

Quote:Welcome Pete. Just a few questions about who you REALLY are...Are you religious, or not? For Bush, or against? Do you like Cherry Garcia ice cream, or vanilla? City or Country kinda guy? Auburn, or Alababma? Fan of global warming, or agin it? Are you Hip-Hop, rock, country, pop, folk, world, swing, or polka? Was "Sgt Peppers" a great album, or crap?Come on man.... as Pink Floyd once said, "You must answer the questions, how can we judge you if you don't answer the questions?" ..... or something like that.I like global warming. I barely had to shovel any snow this winter... January was like springtime... What's all this complaining about? Casey

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed May 09, 2007 3:47 am

Quote:Welcome Pete. Just a few questions about who you REALLY are...Are you religious, or not? For Bush, or against? Do you like Cherry Garcia ice cream, or vanilla? City or Country kinda guy? Auburn, or Alababma? Fan of global warming, or agin it? Are you Hip-Hop, rock, country, pop, folk, world, swing, or polka? Was "Sgt Peppers" a great album, or crap?Come on man.... as Pink Floyd once said, "You must answer the questions, how can we judge you if you don't answer the questions?" ..... or something like that.Welcome to Orion too, and War Damn Eagle.

orionsongs

Post by orionsongs » Wed May 09, 2007 4:16 am

Quote:Welcome Pete. Just a few questions about who you REALLY are...Are you religious, or not? For Bush, or against? Do you like Cherry Garcia ice cream, or vanilla? City or Country kinda guy? Auburn, or Alababma? Fan of global warming, or agin it? Are you Hip-Hop, rock, country, pop, folk, world, swing, or polka? Was "Sgt Peppers" a great album, or crap?Come on man.... as Pink Floyd once said, "You must answer the questions, how can we judge you if you don't answer the questions?" ..... or something like that.[/Hiya Mr rock, WOW!! nothing like getting to the point eh?..lolOK, my answers...I'm what you might call Agnostic as I think faith is a personal thing that starts at the heart of the individual and the dogma of standardised religions doesn't really do it for me....the higher source gave me freedom of choice and a compassionate heart, thats where my faith lies.As I'm from the UK, ok I lived in GA for 3 years, and Im anti Blair so does that make me anti Bush?...heheheheMy favourite ice cream is cappucino or mint choc chip or both if I'm packing a few bucks.I like the country although I live in a city, its good to be amongst the movers and shakers but also nice to escape the madness.I would say Alabama as not to upset any good Southern folks, see the compassionate heart is at work...lolGlobal Warming?????....now thats a subject I can rant on about....I think its all a big money spinning hype IMHO but its best to keep that to another thread...lolI am MUSIC, I don't believe in genres although I understand we need them, as long as its creative and works for the person creating it then all power to them. I know what I like and I say when I do.Sgt Pepper..oh dear and this is gonna cause a furor, as it has many times when it has cropped up in other conversations.....I'm one of the few that never felt The Beatles. I respect them for their art and what they did for popular music but they never really captured me. So in a rather diplomatic way I will say, Sgt Pepper is a well respected and groundbreaking work that touched peoples lives in a positive way.There ya go bud......now you can psycho analyse me....LOLQuote:Welcome to Orion too, and War Damn Eagle.Hiya jchitty, thanks for the welcomeHugsPete