Some questions before joining

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jonlebon

Some questions before joining

Post by jonlebon » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:48 pm

HelloI am considering joining Taxi but have a few questions:What is the relationship between Taxi and Broadjam?When joining one , are you automatically a member of the other?Is there a point in joining both?Does Taxi offers some sort of web hosting or artist webpage service as part of suscribtion?Many thxJ

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Some questions before joining

Post by hummingbird » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:47 pm

Quote:HelloI am considering joining Taxi but have a few questions:What is the relationship between Taxi and Broadjam?When joining one , are you automatically a member of the other?Is there a point in joining both?Does Taxi offers some sort of web hosting or artist webpage service as part of suscribtion?Many thxJBroadjam provides a slightly-lower priced MOB membership to regular Taxi members. The purpose of this is to give those members who make the choice to submit on-line a place to do so. Together with that you get a broadjam page & a place to post your music (either publicly or privately). Joining Broadjam is optional, you can submit by mail.Dispatch members must have a Broadjam account in order to submit to Dispatch listings, since the turn around is so fast.No, joining Taxi does not give you an automatic Broadjam membership (except Broadjam does have a free membership... but can't submit unless you purchase the MOB account.)The point to joining Broadjam is to be able to submit music quickly and easily without having to burn CDs, buy jewel cases & padded envelopes, and pay postage. As I said, it's optional.... I began by submitting thru snail mail but quickly moved to the easier (and cheaper, for me, being out-of-country) method of on-line submission.The only caveat is that they still have not set-up custom critiques through Broadjam so you still have to mail in for that.hope that helpscheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:01 pm

I was thinking about the custom critique on on-line submissions..... just as a thought or suggestion, there might be a way to have it so when you submit music to a listing on line, you check off a second box to request a custom critique and the system charges you the extra five dollars. Then when the Taxi screener is finished with a review for the listing, it goes on to a second screener and they pick it apart in detail as well as get into more nitty gritty about what killed or made the track a forward or not. I think by consolidating the optional custom analysis with the listing submission would be a very value added feature. It would generate more relevant and timely feedback... Especially if you got feedback that said theoretically, "track couldn't be used because of instrumentation or mix issues.... vocal out of pitch at 1:21 and 2:01... performance execution error at :.38...." As well as arrangement or lyric rewrite suggestions that would make the song more fowardable....(ok forwardable is not a word...) So if TAXI ever does roll an online custom product out I hope those ideas are useful...ArkJack

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:28 pm

Ark,that is perfect.I've spent an awful pile on submissions, many with no critiques, as well as a few dispatch listings. I searched in vain in the beginning for on-line Taxi $10 critiques. It seems to me, my tunes (and Taxi) would've been better served, had I been able to gather up some real data before I started clogging up the screeners' desks with material for the wrong listings. It would make a lot of sense to me to provide some kind of overview for someone's catalog, or at least suggestions which listings my particular tracks are best suited for.Every new member that comes on the forums always asks for reviews and help clarifying what kind of listings their stuff might be good for. You put another button on the page where the dispatch button is - and presto. Custom critique one song, or your whole catalogue. It seems to me the extra manpower it would take Taxi could easily be covered by the increased cash in.I would gladly have paid another $100 to join Taxi or more for a detailed review of my broadjam catalogue. After 4 months of membership, I feel even more this way now. I'd rather have found out what listings my songs might be suitable for. Had I been able to get on-line reviews the way you describe, I think I might be a little further up the mountain by now. But, the critiques I have received, and the feedback I've gotten from forumers here, have been awesome.steve

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:46 pm

Taxi have recently started taximusic.comIf you are a member of taxi then you can host up to 50 songs there without any extra cost. Plus you can do all your submissions from there.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:05 am

Quote:Taxi have recently started taximusic.comIf you are a member of taxi then you can host up to 50 songs there without any extra cost. Plus you can do all your submissions from there.I didn't know that - that would be great!are the user able to use both broadjam & taximusic parallel?
production, composition & stringed instruments

andy1324
Active
Active

Post by andy1324 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:21 am

wow, this is great. I just signed up for it. It does appear to have both Dispatch and Regular listings. There is an option for critique for TAXI submissions but I see no option for custom critiques alone.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:37 am

I'm not too sure if you could use both. I don't see any reason why not. That's no to say that Taxi will depart from broadjam at some point in the future. So if you're reading this Taxi. Do you have any plans to phase out the Broadjam-Taxi partnership and go it completely alone with your own hosting service?
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:23 am

Quote:wow, this is great. I just signed up for it. It does appear to have both Dispatch and Regular listings. There is an option for critique for TAXI submissions but I see no option for custom critiques alone.I think that a CD via snail mail is your only option for custom critiques.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:43 am

Quote:Taxi have recently started taximusic.comIf you are a member of taxi then you can host up to 50 songs there without any extra cost. Plus you can do all your submissions from there.What? And they never bothered to tell their members?
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website