Dissecting a Frog.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dissecting a Frog.

Post by booker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:02 am

Quote:I once heard a song titled "Gluttony." It was performed in a basement club by a performance artist ( name escapes me ). The story has not. The song is about a woman trying to have a child. Eventually she gives birth, and solitude evolves into compulsion. Completely obsessed with the child's warm pink skin she does what any one might. A kiss on the the belly, a lip pinch on the the toes, gentle bite on the bum and so on until she eventually devours the child whole. Interesting interpretation of the seven deadly sins- horrible subject for pop music. Not all poetic profundities are worth expressing musically. Somethings are better left as passing thoughts. I think the same applies to frog dissection and love comparisons.That reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon in which an airline pilot purposely flys planes into mountain tops just so he can eat the survivors. First, he tells them that in order to survive, they must cover themselves in BBQ sauce and smack themselves all over with a small tenderizer hammer. I love that physical comedy. I'd better go see the therapist on the other thread.