activation time on broadjam

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

airportface

Re: activation time on broadjam

Post by airportface » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:27 am

I see this thread, though titled activations times, runs the whole gamut of BJ complaints. I upgraded to the next level after basic Taxi service once I found out I could not alter my song order. Altering your song order is an upgrade!! Any rate, usually I find if I activate in the afternoon EST, they are usally available in the morning. But, as others have pointed out...myspace, soundclick, etc are FREE and their activation is almost instantaneous.I am more PO'ed about the fact that music will not play on my page.Check out my music....www.broadjam.com/airportfaceThat is if it acually works.....p.s. - If BJ wants to be in the internet music business, they need to perform, or suffer the heat in forums and the like.JR

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:11 pm

I have the second lowest BJ membership, recently they added a button to change the order of your songs. I have no great love for BJ, but I certainly haven't had any problems with uploading. I do it before I go to bed, and it's on my page by morning. If you had entered your BJ address correctly, your music shows up just fine. Try it:http://www.broadjam.com/airport_face

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Ok, after reading every one of these posts and digesting the overall tone of discussion, I've decided to throw in my three or four cents.To qualify my opinions for all of those who don't know me, I was a star-performer in the customer service industry, (retail), for 12 years. To condense a long list, I was at the very top of my game. My knowledge and experience in retailing and the customer service field was, and on occasion still is, in demand in various parts of the country.I'm a published journalist in customer service and I have the emotional scars to prove that I spent twelve lonely years in the business of making people love my product.Getting back to the subject...I hope Roy Elkins reads this. I don't often publish my thoughts and ideas on this subject.Taxi vs Broadjam...There are two different business models here. One is a hybrid and one is a dinosaur.The hybrid moves forward by being a partner to its clients. It strives to deliver more than what it promises. It understands why its clients pay to be its clients and it doesn't take advantage of that fact. It knows how smart the world is.It passes on seizing short-term economic opportunities and windfalls, no matter how insignificant they might seem to the uneducated eye. It merely relies on personal communication, personal gripes, gratitude and grief. The hybrid customer service model -- for the twenty-first century -- is just a guy who cares and is involved with his clients.The dinosaur...He wants to find every opporunity...Not to help his clients succeed, but to increase his bottom line. He pays attention to his P&L. He has good intentions, but his direction has been steered by years at Dickhead University, taught by old farts who have written books that nobody has read. Nowadays, many successful business people read these books to learn how to avoid failure.Sorry Roy,Well, actually I'm not. There is much room for improvement and so much potential in your idea for helping songwriters and artists to realize their poterntial.It's a crazy, mixed-up world... I'm a sincerely happy guy...

airportface

Post by airportface » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:01 am

sgs4u - you are correct, I did forge the undescore - sorry. Happens when I am pissed off and typing, I guess (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it). When you say shows up fine, do you mean you can see the page ? Seeing (loading) the page has never been a problem, actually hearing the music when you click play is the problem. Today it works, one click pretty fast. Yesterday, all day nothing.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:04 am

My BJ was down all day yeterday as well, so much for being happy with the service. We'll see how soon that kind of things happens again.

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:18 am

Immediate!!!Credit where credit's due.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:34 pm

Immediate what? Care to share?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:18 am

Quote:Immediate what? Care to share?"Immediate" upload Ed.As I was one of the first to comment on Broadjam taking so long to activate songs.My latest experience has been positive and it's only fair I should mention it.Mick.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:54 am

Ahh. Thank you. I thought maybe you got an immediate response from someone at Broadjam. Well, I guess in a way you did.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin